What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Fantastic Beasts & Where To Find Them - 3/10. First half hour is quite good then I lost all interest. Eddie Redmayne is annoying as f**k.

Gimme Danger - 6/10. Iggy & The Stooges biopic. Standard music doc but pretty interesting. Not a massive fan of the band, but Iggy Pop comes across really well in this. Really articulate.

13 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

The Accountant - 9/10

My film of the year so far at the cinema. A must see. A few twists , had me a bit teary at the end as parts of it I can relate to.

Choking for a good copy of this to appear on Kodi.

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them – 8.5 /10

It was good fun and the first hour or so flew by. Felt a bit more like a big episode of Doctor Who (the good type, not the recent rubbish) rather than Harry Potter. Was very clearly setting up the characters and background for the next couple of films.

Being a big Harry Potter fan it had some very nice touches in it and some bits that were a little off (or simply wrong). Probably more enjoyable than the Harry Potter films as I couldn’t get past the changes to the books in those films.

Supersonic

Documentary on the early days of Oasis. From their formation to their Knebworth gigs. I was a fan of theirs in this period and knew most of the stories but there were a couple I hadn't heard. The carnage of the gig at Whisky A Go-Go, after mistaking crystal meth for cocaine a couple of days beforehand was impressive.

I heard an interview with the director and he joked about having enough footage for a 20 hour mini series. My criticism of the film would be that it felt like they struggled for a narrative. He wanted to put in more stuff about the brothers' mum and the relationship with the abusive father but felt he had to deliver something that would appeal to Oasis fans (the inference being it needed to be a bit laddish). 

My missus knew little about it and she loved it but I thought there was a better film in there somewhere. Asif Kapaldia is listed as a producer and there's the influence of the style of Senna and Amy, where they don't use modern talking heads footage. I don't know what that adds to this film as Noel and Liam are pretty funny, charismatic guys and whilst lots of the early footage is good I felt a bit cheated not seeing anything recent. 

7/10 

The Evil in Us - standard "group of young friends go away to an isolated house for a drink 'n' drugs bender and start dying" film, only a mysterious condition causes them to start murdering the piss out of each other. Well, it's not very mysterious, as the film makes the mistake of explaining what's going on while it's all happening. Wasn't too bad, but I started feeling like it was time for the old folk's home, as I spent most of it thinking that two different characters were the same person on the basis that they were both blonde  :unsure:

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them – 8.5 /10

It was good fun and the first hour or so flew by. Felt a bit more like a big episode of Doctor Who (the good type, not the recent rubbish) rather than Harry Potter. Was very clearly setting up the characters and background for the next couple of films.

Being a big Harry Potter fan it had some very nice touches in it and some bits that were a little off (or simply wrong). Probably more enjoyable than the Harry Potter films as I couldn’t get past the changes to the books in those films.

Intestingly my girlfriend and I went to see it last night and thought the exact same thing. Very Matt Smith throughout. It was good harmless fun tbh and I'd agree that it was better than the original films, it'll certainly hold up as a stand alone movie, even when they do the sequels.

Lars and the real girl -  10/10.

Complete tear jerker of a film, and probably Ryan Gosling's best film. It's just a brilliant, emotional journey, presenting the real struggles of extreme isolation and shyness, and guiding you through the trials and tribulations of overcoming social obstacles. Outstanding. 

Snowden 8/10

Im a big fan of both films based on true events and also CIA, NSA type stuff so this was right up my street. Conspiracy director Oliver Stone portrays the story of hacker Edward Snowden in his battle between serving his country and standing up for whats right. Most people know what went on already so i wont spoil anything for those who havent but i enjoyed it despite the lengthy 2:14hrs running time

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them; 5/10

Otherwise known as Fantastic Fans and How To Milk Them... 

I went along with my daughter who wasn't overly impressed. I nodded off. When I was awake I was just annoyed with Eddie Redmayne, with his annoying mannerisms. For a lead character he is surprisingly unlikeable.

The baker character stole the show. One for hard core Potter fans only.

Plan Z: 3/10

A zombie film set in Dunfermline.

How would you know? Blank eyed folk shuffling around, biting you and what-not...

Interesting premise let down by a disjointed storyline which has a seismic jump midway through the film, making you think What the hell happened there? Who are all these new characters? Some awful acting doesn't help either. Decent score though..

The Barber (2002)

Malcolm McDowell is a serial killer playing cat and mouse with the local Police Chief and an FBI Agent in a small Alaskan town. Sort of Twin Peaks/Insomnia feel to it but never takes itself seriously and at times quite funny with a good twist at the end.

7/10