What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

12 hours ago, wellinwigan said:

War of the planet of the apes

10/10

Thought this was excellent.Woody Harlsson plays a right bad b*****d

I'd match this score. A really underrated trilogy which ends very strongly. It's probably the best of the 3 films. The story is tremendous, the score is outstanding and it's pretty bittersweet as well with some great comic relief thrown in. Andy Serkis really is the master of motion capture acting. 

The scene where the little girl gave Caesar the doll is very touching.

Edited by Kyle

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

I'd match this score. A really underrated trilogy which ends very strongly. It's probably the best of the 3 films. The story is tremendous, the score is outstanding and it's pretty bittersweet as well with some great comic relief thrown. Andy Serkis really is the master of motion capture acting. 

The scene when the little girl gave Caesar the doll is very touching.

Yes best film I seen this year by far.Put me in mind of true grit in some places would like to see serkis win an Oscar thought he was outstanding

Stasis 

Not counting this on my total or even score it as I couldn't stomach even 2 minutes of it, but worth a mention to ward anyone else off it. Was going through Netflix trying to find something worth watching. This caught my fancy, post-apocalyptic film where people apparently will travel back in time from 2067 to 2017 to stop the apocalypse. Gave up after around 90 seconds after a horrendous poundstretcher Akira/Terminator apocalypse fireball and then a cut to two renegades walking in the desert where the ruins of civilisation are shown by a phone lying in the detritus that would have been out of place in the 1980s. Seriously 90 seconds. Switched it off

(149)

Spiderman 7(?): Yet More Spiderman 6/10

This was actually a much better high school comedy than it was a superhero film, the schoolfriends were much more fun and interesting than the villain and his gang. Andrew Garfield was a much better Spidey imo but Marvel just make better films. (Tobey Maguire was shite). Good fun though possibly the worst Marvel film since Age of Ultron. Too much RDJ and John Favreau keeps getting fatter and fatter. (cinema)

5 hours ago, Christophe said:

Too much RDJ and John Favreau keeps getting fatter and fatter.

Spot on. I didn't like how the Spidey suit became basically an Iron Man suit that shot webs.

Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure 10/10

One of my fav movies ever, so was introducing it to the kids, still found it really funny, some bits have aged, but still dont think it affects the movie that much, still a really fun, incredibly stupid movie

Lone Ranger 5/10

ok-ish movie, a few laughs, and some ok action and some poor CGI a times. If you enjoy Johnny Depp doing Jack Sparrow, this is him doing basically the same, but as Tonto

On 14/07/2017 at 09:42, Kyle said:

I'd match this score. A really underrated trilogy which ends very strongly. It's probably the best of the 3 films. The story is tremendous, the score is outstanding and it's pretty bittersweet as well with some great comic relief thrown in. Andy Serkis really is the master of motion capture acting. 

The scene where the little girl gave Caesar the doll is very touching.

On 14/07/2017 at 09:45, wellinwigan said:

Yes best film I seen this year by far.Put me in mind of true grit in some places would like to see serkis win an Oscar thought he was outstanding

Caught this last night. Dawn was a great film but War was as good if not better. Easily a 9/10 film if not 10/10 as you both say. Acting was absolutely superb and I found it to be quite an emotional film in large parts. One I'd probably go back and see again. 

War for the Planet of the Apes

Pretty much everything with the apes was great here. Apart from the opening scenes, when the humans started to come on screen more, it went downhill pretty much every time. A properly shit villain with an army who can't hit a fucking thing, and who make quite frankly baffling decisions in the heat of battle.

The big climax is pretty much signposted all of the way but the final battles themselves are pretty spectacular and great to watch. So it's up to the apes to really make up the rest of the slack, and they manage to do so pretty well. This one isn't close to the other two movies which were properly brilliant, but it's fun enough.

6/10

Crash - 9/10

Just watched this for the first time. Got to be one of the most intense films I've ever seen. It exaggerates that it's making statements about race far too much, but aside from that, it's pretty much a flawless film.

The Beguiled

Sofia Coppola remake of sleazy 70s film of the same name (this time with Colin Farrell in the Clint Eastwood role). 

Yankee soldier is wounded and desserts. Is found by a young girl in the grounds of a girls' finishing school. Various shenanigans ensue, sex, jealousy, violence. Nothing earth shattering but perfectly decent, good acting, good-looking film. 

7/10