What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Wigilia. Set in Glasgow on Christmas Eve, this is one of the most incredibly boring films that is possible to imagine. The first 15 minutes consist of a woman from Poland cleaning a house with no dialogue. And things don't get any better as it progresses. No action, only people sitting in rooms talking.

2/10

On 20/12/2018 at 09:27, DA Baracus said:

Goldeneye.

Mental, ludicrous stuff. A patently absurd film.

Pierce Brosnan’s first film as Bond is easily his best and one of the best Bond films overall. Despite it being complete nonsense in so many different ways (tonally being perhaps the main one given how it lurches from Carry On style innuendo to Cold War politics) it’s deeply entertaining.

There are some times when I was laughing out loud at some of the shit in this film. The dialogue is often hilarious.

Great soundtrack. The theme song is one of the best, although I found out it was written and Bono and The Edge, even though it’s Tina Turner who sings it. The music is iconic given it’s the same used in the game, and even the sound effects will be familiar with those who battered the N64 game.

It’s a shame that Brosnan would be let down by increasingly shit writing with his other Bond efforts. His next one, Tomorrow Never Dies, is just boring and has one of the limpest bad guys ever. The World is Not Enough is disjointed po-faced rubbish with a deeply silly and ineffective bad guy. Die Another Day goes in the opposite direction and massively overdoes the stupidity and mentalness given the invisible car stuff and the bad guy who changes his face.

i just watched Goldeneye and it is indeed superb. Very entertaining nonsense and by far the best Brosnan era Bond effort.

8/10

Edited by tongue_tied_danny

I've got three to watch by the end of the year: 'Don't Worry, He Won't Get Far on Foot', 'Ready Player One', and 'Western'. Worth it?

I loved Ready Player One, although I don’t think many others did. Turned off Don’t Worry... after an hour because it was bland as f**k.

I watched an hour of RPO last night and absolutely hated it. Every line of dialogue was either a reference (which I expected) or an explanation of something - mainly a feeling or the plot. I just found a complete lack of engagement in anything that happened.

I watched an hour of RPO last night and absolutely hated it. Every line of dialogue was either a reference (which I expected) or an explanation of something - mainly a feeling or the plot. I just found a complete lack of engagement in anything that happened.
I didn't even last an hour. I usually love movies with a bit of 80's nostalgia but this just wasn't my cup of tea at all.

I watched it a while ago, mainly with the intention of trying to spot the bits of Birmingham I recognise as it was filmed here. However, I completely forgot to do so which must have meant the film was relatively engaging. I've pretty much forgotten it all, though. 

The Greasy Strangler

Comedy/horror/snuff film? Weird father and son fight over the same woman while one of them hides a secret....I might be scarred by what I watched, not sure if it's so bad it's good or the nightshift got the better of me

Saw three movies in three days.

Mary Poppins Returns — Yikes, what a pile of shite this turned out to be. Just a low rent redo of the first one. Emily Blunt was good. A couple of the songs weren’t that bad. That’s about it. 3/10

Vice — The people who made The Big Short turn their lens on Dick Cheney who, by any measure, is an utter c**t. More reasons to be angry. Christian Bale as Cheney was immense. 8/10

Mary Queen of Scots — Saoirse Ronan and Margot Robbie were great as Mary and Liz. The costumes were fantastic. The scenery stunning. The script was dog dirt. Mary was woke, in case you didn’t know. 2/10

Step Brothers

Caught it from the start on Now TV last night. It must have been a directors cut though as there were a few scenes I'd never seen before.

Said to my Mrs I'd watch 10 minutes as I was tired and starting to fall asleep. Ended up watching the whole thing. Absolutely love this film. It's so ridiculous yet so funny. Will Ferrell and John C Reilly are excellent.

Easily one of my Top 10.