What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Spider-Man 2 (2004)

The first one was decent if unspectacular (6/10), but this one plodded like f**k! Dr Octopus is just shit, get away from MJ! :wub:

Maguire's acting just goes from bad to worse, and IMDb mentions a 'Green Goblin', when the f**k did that appear? :huh:

5/10

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

I'd never seen this all the way through. Id caught various bits of it over the years but never sat and watched the full thing.

Not until today anyway. Im not a huge western fan but I must admit that it is a cracker of a movie. 9.8/10

Mulholland Drive - 7.5/10

Thought i might make it through a whole David Lynch film whilst understanding almost everything that had gone on in it. Then the last half hour came..... :P

Some really memorable scenes and the way Lynch builds up the suspense in some of them is incredible. The nightmare scene behind the diner was terrifying!

The most powerful scene for me though was the scene in the theater when the lady sings a Spanish version of Roy Orbison's Crying. It is incredibly emotional.

Defo recommend it.

Edited by Gall09

Mulholland Drive - 7.5/10

Thought i might make it through a whole David Lynch film whilst understanding almost everything that had gone on in it. Then the last half hour came..... :P

There's some sites out there with some decent theories. I can't remember the site or the theories right now, but I remember there was one which made sense to me and I've went back and watched it and thought "ah, that's better".

There's some sites out there with some decent theories. I can't remember the site or the theories right now, but I remember there was one which made sense to me and I've went back and watched it and thought "ah, that's better".

I had a look at some of them already, and i've also picked an explanation which makes the most sense to me.

Green Street

Was bored so stuck the DVD on earlier. Hadn't watched it in a good while so couldn't remember some of the things. Gets a little shite after the Manchester fight but it's topped off in fantastic fashion with the WH-Millwall war at the end.

Although it's not meant to be under the Comedy category, still found a few bits funny. Shannon trying to knock f**k out Pete in the hospital and Pete's just standing still. :lol:

Reckon about 7/10 for this one, 9 or 10 if there weren't so many boring bits in it, especially the bit when he's leaving the uni near the start. And the spell when Matt's walking about with his father.

Coach Carter (2005)

First time I've seen it since it was in the cinmea, so I'd forgotten most if. Very good film, lots of good acting (especially by Samuel L. Jackson). A very good story of a man trying to change the 'expectations students of a not-so-good, whilst being a very successful basketball coach.

9/10

Yeah, that's quite a good film. Seems a bit like a remake/rip-off of Remember the Titans- now there's a film!

This weekend watched Yes Man (7/10) and The Proposal (also just 7/10).

Yes Man was okay. Jim Carrey wasn't quite as annoying as he can be and it was an enjoyable enough film. Nowhere near as good as Danny Wallace's book it was based on. It was only very loosely based on it anyway!

The Proposal was okay. A bit girly. The usual rom-com carry on.

Main theory is quite simple - first part of the film is a dream, second part is reality. Obviously all the wee Lynchian bits like the guy behind the diner, "The Cowboy", Silencio etc are fairly ambiguous and as much about the imagery and idea as any real link to the story.

Now, Inland Empire - THAT film is a total headfuck.

wrestlemaniac 6/10 youngsters on a road trip in a scooby doo stylee van end up in an abandoned mexican town where they are stalked by mental wrestler. both shit and good at the same time.

El Mascarado Massacre (it's real name) was okay, on a par with Nacho Libre.

I gave it 5/10, it's watchable and funny in parts.

A Haunting In Connecticut. (Not Cincinnati like I asked for in the movie shop!)

Erm, as you'd expect the movie was 95% shot in the same house so gets a little boring seeing the same few rooms for two hours in a film.

Story was average. Acting was average (though the main boy in it with cancer did a good job, well, played someone ill believably or maybe they just had a good make up team).

Couple of bits were a bit jumpy in all the places you'd expect.

I'd give it a 5/10.