What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Got the dvd as a lend from someone, it's the one with Matt Damon 8)

My favourite of the two; this one was better shot and the Coens injected a little more humour and excitement to the original. Jeff Bridges and Hailee Steinfeld are both incredible in it (I didn't think Colin Firth should have been a sho-in for the Oscar). I'd give the film 8/10

Rewatch with the subtitles on!

I regularly check iPlayer and discover a gem of a film I would never have heard of. Usually they'll have four or five pieces of shite and a wee beauty that was probably shown at 2am on a Saturday.

Adam and Paul (2004)

Basically a little like James Joyce's Ulysses in that its a series of vignettes with the main character(s) travelling around Dublin over the space of one day, except this is about a pair of wee junkies.

Funny and sad in equal measure, I really enjoyed it.

One scene in particular had me in hoots. These two pikeys with blood on their face and ripped up clothes get into a conversation with this debonair Bulgarian chap on a bench beside the Liffey. When the particularly stupid and trampy one finds out the dude is Bulgarian, he takes pity on him and proceeds to tell him how much of a shithole his country is compared to Dublin. The interchange is quality.

By the way, The Room is absolutely magnificent. As soon as the titles popped up with the 'Wiseau films' logo and that horrendous music, I knew was watching special. Wiseau's mystique and air of mystery is quite unusual. I really genuinely want to know his story (like how did he have $6million quid) and whether he was taking the piss or not. I'd love to meet the man.

I completely agree with regards to the Harry-Voldemort duel. Like in the book everyone should have been in the great hall watching Mrs Weasley fighting Lestrange and Voldemort fighting the 3(I forgot who they all were but one was McGonagall) and then it should have been Harry - Voldemort in the great hall and them saying the exact same that it said in the book.

I thought that that part was very poorly done and you are also right about the Lupin-Tonks baby situation.

Another 30 minutes or so would have greatly improved the movie.

Never read the books but seen all the films, so I was expecting the mother of all duels between the pair at the end. Since they went to the bother of splitting it into 2 films, an extra half hour of zapping the shit out of each other with wands would have sufficed. That said, thought the film was really good and to be honest one of my favourites out of the series

Spot on mate, fucking spot on. The book was much better, watching the film, I didn't think it was very emotive, whereas the book was, extremely.

Only just getting around to listening to Mark Kermode and Simon Mayo's show from last Friday and they completely agree.

The final battle scene very poor compared to what happens in the book.

Edited by Gaz

Titanic 2, which I didn't even know existed is on channel 114 now. Fucking hell. I've watched this for about 10 minutes and Its fucking horrible. The acting is shit and the special effects are embarrassing.

This is getting turned over :lol:

Remember it's a Syfy original and not a sequel. The name of the boat is "Titanic 2".

Syfy films are always entertaining, hilariously shit in fact, if you expected a masterpiece then more fool you.

Luckly Number Slevin - Best film i have seen in a long time, was quite superb 9/10.

Deathwatch - Was on film4 last night, all about a group of British soldiers who get lost in German trenches during WW1 and then the dead start rising, was expecting alot better just gets stranger and stranger as the film goes on, not great 2/10

Ironclad

I hadn't heard of this and just downloaded obtained it to check it out. It's about a Knight Templar who holes up in Rochester Castle with a few random "soldiers of fortune" types, led by Brian Cox (the old fat c**t, not the professor) and a tiny garrison. They have to hold off the tyrannical King John who is out to slaughter everyone who forced him to sign the Magna Carta and dominate England once more, with the aid of some mercenary army from Denmark. Anyway, it's two hours of brutal and bloodthirsty action. If i could be arsed checking out Wiki i'd check the historical accuracy, but it was a good watch.

7/10

Edited by jupe1407

Ironclad

I hadn't heard of this and just downloaded obtained it to check it out. It's about a Knight Templar who holes up in Rochester Castle with a few random "soldiers of fortune" types, led by Brian Cox (the old fat c**t, not the professor) and a tiny garrison. They have to hold off the tyrannical King John who is out to slaughter everyone who forced him to sign the Magna Carta and dominate England once more, with the aid of some mercenary army from Denmark. Anyway, it's two hours of brutal and bloodthirsty action. If i could be arsed checking out Wiki i'd check the historical accuracy, but it was a good watch.

7/10

I thoroughly enjoyed that film, although like yourself I'm not sure how true the whole story was. Doesn't matter though!

I went to see the film Beginners at the cinema this evening. It started Christopher Plummer and Ewan McGregor. It's about a guy coming to terms with his father's death and drawing the experience to make his own life better. His father had been married for 44 years and only declared he was gay after his wife died.

It's definitely worth a watch, with some pretty dry humour thrown in for good measure.

I'd probably give it 7/10.

It had a French actress called Melanie Laurent in the movie. She was worth the entry fee (well, the use of my unlimited card) alone.

melanie-laurent.jpg

:wub: :wub:

Edited by Kyle

I thought another small part they missed out of the new Harry Potter film but i remember from the book was when Neville's gran arrived and was told he was fighting. She replied, 'naturally' or something like that. It just seemed really great moment after all the criticism she had previously given him for not being as talented as his parents. Little things like that could have made a fantastic film better

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (2010)

Almost exactly how I imagined it to be, great adaptation of by far the best of the Narnia books.

Eustace was exactly how I pictured him.

The only negative point for me was it being too short, it could have been a spread a bit thinner, as Eustace just sort of ends up at the final sword far too quickly.

8/10 - the other lost point was for the Dufflepuds who are an irritation!

Went and saw Horrible Bosses last night, fucking hilarious. I was honestly gutting myself through the entire film. Jason Bateman, Kevin Spacey and Colin Farrell were all fantastic. The guy who's boss was Colin Farrell was funny as well. Jennifer Aniston is absolutely stunning in it.

8/10

French Connection 2. Very good and since it was shot in the early 70's ( I think ) it was interesting to see how Marseille has changed.

1975. And nowhere near as good as the first FC, one of my fav crime thrillers (and Hackman's best performance hands down)

Takers (2010)

Heist film, armoured car robbed by group who stop traffic lights and blow a hole in the road. This sounds very fucking familiar, what film was that? One of the Ocean's perhaps?

Well this was quite entertaining, but not as good as whatever film I saw before with the exact same set piece...

7/10