What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

I'd go full pelt on Cool Runnings. It's amazing.

The Other Guys ( 2010 )

Quality stuff here. Wasn't sure at first but I got sucked in. It just gets funnier as it goes on. Will Ferrell's "big boy pants" speech is incredible, as is the roof jump, and TLC references.

8/10

I'd go full pelt on Cool Runnings. It's amazing.

The Other Guys ( 2010 )

Quality stuff here. Wasn't sure at first but I got sucked in. It just gets funnier as it goes on. Will Ferrell's "big boy pants" speech is incredible, as is the roof jump, and TLC references.

8/10

Didn't like this the first time I saw it but have watched it 100 times since and think it's brilliant. Favourite part has to be the tuna bit! Hilarious

I'd go full pelt on Cool Runnings. It's amazing.The Other Guys ( 2010 )

Quality stuff here. Wasn't sure at first but I got sucked in. It just gets funnier as it goes on. Will Ferrell's "big boy pants" speech is incredible, as is the roof jump, and TLC references.8/10

Didn't like this the first time I saw it but have watched it 100 times since and think it's brilliant. Favourite part has to be the tuna bit! Hilarious

"Gators bitches better be using jimmys!"

One of the funniest lines. Ever.

Fucking hell, forgot about that one. :lol:

It's filled with great stuff. Got a feeling I'll be like Dougal up there and like it more with repeat viewings. Need to go and watch the initial car chase scene again as well.

Watched OZ - The Great and Powerful last night. Didn't think I'd like it but it was good, more humour in it that I'd imagined and the way the make it so "hammy" at the start before turning good. Quality acting from James Franco (again) and nice to see J.D again despite the fact he pretty much just played J.D :lol: Only weak point was maybe trying to make you feel anything. I quiet liked Oz as he's a bit of a knob and seems like a dodgy fucking salesman. But I never felt anything regarding the other characters. And the "Death of Oz" wasn't really well done as it was obvious he wasn't in the balloon - 6/10

Well, at least Zach Braff's character here was halfway to being likeable, meaning he was a fair bit different to J.D.

Aye perhaps. I'm a bit of a Scrubs fanboy due to a unpopular youth and odd friends. Find it funny he's directed his own films to get away from the JD character. Only to return as a JD character

Aye perhaps. I'm a bit of a Scrubs fanboy due to a unpopular youth and odd friends. Find it funny he's directed his own films to get away from the JD character. Only to return as a JD character

It's not a JD character though. JD was a self obsessed moron with serious issues. Frank is a pretty down to earth assistant who would do anything for his master, and Finley is the same. The only similarity is that it's another comedy character, but he directed himself in that sort of role too.

It's not a JD character though. JD was a self obsessed moron with serious issues. Frank is a pretty down to earth assistant who would do anything for his master, and Finley is the same. The only similarity is that it's another comedy character, but he directed himself in that sort of role too.

He's an idiot in desperate need for his "master" to be his friend. Like JD

Compliance

A false allegation of theft turns into a nightmare ordeal for an innocent fast food employee at the hands of her co-workers.

Well acted but pretty slow moving and quite frustrating to watch as some of the characters were so fucking stupid. I don't want to give too much of the story away incase anyone is planning to watch it. But I can say that it's based on a true story and I really hope there's a warm place in hell reserved for the c***s responsible for the real life incident.

Edited by tongue_tied_danny

Compliance

Well acted but pretty slow moving and quite frustrating to watch as some of the characters were so fucking stupid.

Aye, that second point is the thing that made me hate it so much. And it's made even more frustrating by the fact that the movie plays it pretty much as it happened. It made me hate it to the point of having to turn it off.

EDIT: Probably worth noting that a lot of people will most likely get something from this, given how close to the incident it was, so it's not like the movie is unbelievable. This shit happened, which makes it perversely interesting in it's own way. Just not for me.

Edited by DomDom

Welcome To The Punch 7/10

Above average British gangster movie with some quality actors, nice set pieces and good dialogue. Peter Mullan is one of the stand outs for me. Only let downs were Andrea Riseboroughs "You Slag" Landaan accent and

David Morriseys amazing broken/unbroken arm

. Worth a watch.

Young Adult

This is a totally charmless and somewhat horrible film, yet I don't say that as a criticism.

Charlize Theron - who is excellent in this - is a late-30s woman that goes back to her hometown to get back who she believes to be her 'soul mate'. He's a happily married father by the way. It's certainly funny in places but at other times it's excruciating to watch (proper watching it through fingers stuff) because Theron plays a really tragic but unlikeable character. I liked Patton Oswalt's character but the other characters weren't particularly interesting, despite being crucial to the plot.

The best thing about this film was Theron's performance and her character - as a character study it is a very good piece.

I loved Juno and there's many parallels between the two films but it just falls short of the high standards set by Juno.

7.5/10

Argo - As a rule of thumb, I take these American 'based on a true story' films (as well as the CIA's version of any event) with a massive pinch of salt. As an action/thriller it does a good job though. I'm impressed with Affleck's directorial career so far.

Was a good touch to show the anti-Iranian handwringing in the states at the time. Would've been pretty tasteless to depict the Iranian people as basically dribbling zombies, without showing that this exists on the other side too.

You can't really go too wrong with Cranston, Goodman, Arkin et al. 8/10.

Edited by SodjesSixteenIncher

The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou

Meh. I think Wes Anderson is too quirky for my liking - I've given his films a chance but I just find his stuff to be really average.

This film does have its moments. Bill Murray is in top form. That's about it, it really doesn't do much for me. It wasn't terrible but I didn't really find it particularly engaging or worthwhile, which is somewhat disappointing.

5.5/10