What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Mama - 6/10

It's a very nice looking and atmospheric film at points. Del Toro didn't direct it, but there were a couple of points that you could imagine this film had been directed by him. There were some good jump scares at points but the whole thing felt stale.

The motivation of Mama felt tired to me though. I feel like I've seen this type of ghost before too often and it's becoming too big a cliche in ghost stories. I saw the Woman in Black pretty much a year ago today and a couple of times I had a strong feeling of deja vu watching this.

The film suffers because it fails to follow the rule of less is more with regards to it's monster. If you show the monster off too much, the audience can become familiar with it and as a result it loses some of its scare factor. However, keep it in the shadows and mostly out of sight, we can never fully get a grip on it and it remains a figure of terror. Mama shows off it's ghost too much, just a few too many times for me.

The performances of the two child actresses are a huge plus in Mama. These were two very difficult characters to portray and the child actresses were fantastic in their roles. While the elder child excels in her part, the younger actress who plays Lily is phenomenal in my opinion.

Edited by captainkev

With Mama I was more freaked out when they find the kids in the hut than later in the film when mama starts to appear, gave me a mate about 40mins worth of slagging once it was finished tho

Serpico - 6/10.

Pacino is on fine form here but something about the entire film really lacked for me. The editing was strange and parts of his story weren't explained at all which really took you out of the story I thought.

The Loved Ones - 7/10

Australian film about a high school girl who gets a knockback for prom, so has her dad kidnap the guy who knocked her back, and torture him. This film is fucking mental, and highly enjoyable. Some of the scenes are properly brutal, and as we are gradually shown more of the girl's background, we realise just how fucked up she and "daddy" are.

The actress playing Lola is terrific. Hadn't seen her in anything else before.

I'd go full pelt on Cool Runnings. It's amazing.

The Other Guys ( 2010 )

Quality stuff here. Wasn't sure at first but I got sucked in. It just gets funnier as it goes on. Will Ferrell's "big boy pants" speech is incredible, as is the roof jump, and TLC references.

8/10

I'd go full pelt on Cool Runnings. It's amazing.

The Other Guys ( 2010 )

Quality stuff here. Wasn't sure at first but I got sucked in. It just gets funnier as it goes on. Will Ferrell's "big boy pants" speech is incredible, as is the roof jump, and TLC references.

8/10

Didn't like this the first time I saw it but have watched it 100 times since and think it's brilliant. Favourite part has to be the tuna bit! Hilarious

I'd go full pelt on Cool Runnings. It's amazing.The Other Guys ( 2010 )

Quality stuff here. Wasn't sure at first but I got sucked in. It just gets funnier as it goes on. Will Ferrell's "big boy pants" speech is incredible, as is the roof jump, and TLC references.8/10

Didn't like this the first time I saw it but have watched it 100 times since and think it's brilliant. Favourite part has to be the tuna bit! Hilarious

"Gators bitches better be using jimmys!"

One of the funniest lines. Ever.

Fucking hell, forgot about that one. :lol:

It's filled with great stuff. Got a feeling I'll be like Dougal up there and like it more with repeat viewings. Need to go and watch the initial car chase scene again as well.

Watched OZ - The Great and Powerful last night. Didn't think I'd like it but it was good, more humour in it that I'd imagined and the way the make it so "hammy" at the start before turning good. Quality acting from James Franco (again) and nice to see J.D again despite the fact he pretty much just played J.D :lol: Only weak point was maybe trying to make you feel anything. I quiet liked Oz as he's a bit of a knob and seems like a dodgy fucking salesman. But I never felt anything regarding the other characters. And the "Death of Oz" wasn't really well done as it was obvious he wasn't in the balloon - 6/10

Well, at least Zach Braff's character here was halfway to being likeable, meaning he was a fair bit different to J.D.

Aye perhaps. I'm a bit of a Scrubs fanboy due to a unpopular youth and odd friends. Find it funny he's directed his own films to get away from the JD character. Only to return as a JD character

Aye perhaps. I'm a bit of a Scrubs fanboy due to a unpopular youth and odd friends. Find it funny he's directed his own films to get away from the JD character. Only to return as a JD character

It's not a JD character though. JD was a self obsessed moron with serious issues. Frank is a pretty down to earth assistant who would do anything for his master, and Finley is the same. The only similarity is that it's another comedy character, but he directed himself in that sort of role too.

It's not a JD character though. JD was a self obsessed moron with serious issues. Frank is a pretty down to earth assistant who would do anything for his master, and Finley is the same. The only similarity is that it's another comedy character, but he directed himself in that sort of role too.

He's an idiot in desperate need for his "master" to be his friend. Like JD

Compliance

A false allegation of theft turns into a nightmare ordeal for an innocent fast food employee at the hands of her co-workers.

Well acted but pretty slow moving and quite frustrating to watch as some of the characters were so fucking stupid. I don't want to give too much of the story away incase anyone is planning to watch it. But I can say that it's based on a true story and I really hope there's a warm place in hell reserved for the c***s responsible for the real life incident.

Edited by tongue_tied_danny