What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Pretty poor night of films for me last night.

The Raid: Redemption - 4/10. I turned it off after 45 minutes as whilst the action was superb and well scripted, everything else about the film just wasnt working for me and I was bored.

The Campaign - 4/10. I hadn't heard great things about this but it was the only other thing on my harddrive currently that I havent seen. A few funny moments but nothing to make you seriously LOL, you had seen 2/3 of the best bits in the trailer.

The Possession - 5/10

Wee lassie buys an old wooden box at a yard sale, mad shit starts happening and soon she becomes fully "possessed" by whatever is in the box.

It's not scary at all, in fact some scenes are genuinely hilarious, but if i'm gonnae watch a shite film, the least it has to be is watchable. And this definitely was. Some of the scenes, including a scene with teeth falling out and one with a bathroom mirror and a torch, are actually well done. If there was nothing else on, i would probably watch it again.

Edited by Gall09

My only problem with Zero Dark Thirty was that it was boring. I like my torture filled enjoyment to be enjoyable.

Give me 24 any day of the week.

There's that too. The only good bit was when the Navy Seals started getting torn into c***s.

The 2 hours of watching some ginger bird having a strop was a chore.

Watching Mars Attacks, it really hasn't aged well

EDIT: just checked, it came out in 1996! i'll give the CGI some slack in that case, didn't think it was as old

Edited by Enrico Annoni

Watching Mars Attacks, it really hasn't aged well

EDIT: just checked, it came out in 1996! i'll give the CGI some slack in that case, didn't think it was as old

See I think because the CGI looks date it adds to the B-movie charm. Still on of those movies I'll watch even if I've missed the first half hour.

Also it has my 2nd favourite "if Only He Really was the American President" in Jack Nicholson, you just know he wouldn't take any shit and the threat of that red button being pushed would be very real. (The first choice is obviously Morgan Freeman)

Edited by Mackie The Staggie

Lost In Translation - 9/10

Oh. My. God. I only finished watching this about 2 hours ago, and can honestly say it's already one of my favourite films. I was just blown away from the moment it started, and was totally immersed in Bill Murray and Scarlett Johansson's characters' relationship. I thought it was a terrific ending, but i was gutted when it did end, because i would have gladly watched for another two hours. For me, everything about the film just worked.

Not been as affected by a film in a while.

The Hangover

It was pretty funny. Probably not as good as I wanted it to be, or anywhere near as good as it's made out to be, but it was pretty enjoyable and funny at times.

8/10

The Hangover II

It was still rather enjoyable but there were no points I found incredibly funny. I like that they've used running jokes from the first one and used the same dialogue at times but it wasn't as good as the first one and there were times it was blatantly obvious what was going to happen.

6/10

The third one looks decent from the trailer. The giraffe part had me laughing more than the whole of the second film.

Lost In Translation - 9/10

Oh. My. God. I only finished watching this about 2 hours ago, and can honestly say it's already one of my favourite films. I was just blown away from the moment it started, and was totally immersed in Bill Murray and Scarlett Johansson's characters' relationship. I thought it was a terrific ending, but i was gutted when it did end, because i would have gladly watched for another two hours. For me, everything about the film just worked.

Not been as affected by a film in a while.

I think it was primarily a film about relationships and how when two people connect, it might be down to something you can't translate. I love having a couple of glasses of wine and take it in again and again. I love hearing Jim Reid signing at the end; it's a great choice of soundtrack

The Americans were not portrayed particularly well in that film. If it was propaganda, as you say, then the torturing would not have been nearly as gruesome.

I didn't think the torture scenes were bad at all. I went in expecting to be pulling at the arm rests as some guy had his teeth pulled out with a pair of pliers (or something equally as painful)...but there wasn't really anything to write home about. Maybe I'm just desensitised and I'm the one with the problem.

Anyway, I watched Immortals yesterday. Was pretty rubbish and managed to turn what could have been an interesting story into a turgid bore-fest - 3/10

Project X - 7/10.

I wasn't expecting anything great from this film, there were a few funny moments in it but nothing really worth mentioning. I'm basically giving it a decent rating because the party looked like it would have been the best night ever.

I didn't think the torture scenes were bad at all. I went in expecting to be pulling at the arm rests as some guy had his teeth pulled out with a pair of pliers (or something equally as painful)...but there wasn't really anything to write home about. Maybe I'm just desensitised and I'm the one with the problem.

I thought the waterboarding was fairly gruesome. Being shoved into the small box and being hung up, naked were also pretty torturous but in a less physical way which also showed up the Americans for what they are (at times).