What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

American Hustle - 7.5/10

Thoroughly enjoyed this. Christian Bale was terrific as usual, though there wasn't a bad performance from anyone. Jeremy Renner in particular is an actor i'd like to see more of. Loved him in The Town and loved him in this. Was surprised to see Robert De Niro too, who probably had my favourite scene when he talks to the "Arab".

Oh, and Jennifer Lawrence. :wub:

Children of Men

Really enjoyed this, good cast and idea for a film,Clive Owen plays it well as does the rest of the cast but the real star is the director, some of the scenes are superb especially the continuous ones,

One thing I would say is don't watch the clip of the famous one take scene of this film before you watch the movie, it kind of ruins the impact of it a bit( I did :( ).

8/10

Stir Crazy has dated terribly, but its still one of my favourite films. The scene with Pryor crying after being put in the cell with Grossburger always makes me laugh.

Never heard of Caddy, but if you mean Caddyshack then you should have watched it all.

Bill_Murray_Caddyshack2.gif

:lol: he was excellent. Finished Caddyshack ;) don't know why I called it Caddy. Decent film, an 80s version of Happy Gilmour. 6.5/10 .

I'm in the mood for cheesy 80's films. Anyone know any hidden gems? I lap up films like National Lampoons.

:lol: he was excellent. Finished Caddyshack ;) don't know why I called it Caddy. Decent film, an 80s version of Happy Gilmour. 6.5/10 .

I'm in the mood for cheesy 80's films. Anyone know any hidden gems? I lap up films like National Lampoons.

Stripes ? Spies Like Us.

Not an eighties movie , but ,Night At The Roxbury is cheesetastic.

The Inbetweeners 2

Went into this movie loving the tv series and the first movie, when I seen the trailers for this movie I wasn't sure about it. Thankfully the movie is quite good and lives up with the hype. There are two scenes in this film which basically had me almost rolling around on the cinema floor in laughter.

8/10

Trading Places.

Weekend At Bernies.

The Money Pit, I must have watched this film about 100 times when I was younger.

Tom Hanks was a brilliant comedy actor.

Porky's

Revenge Of The Nerds

Police Academy

Weird Science

Fast Times At Ridgemont High

You may also consider checking out the Lemon Popsicle series. These were made in Israel, have been dubbed into English, and cover the same sort of territory, i.e. horny teenagers desperate for their hole.

Inception 7/10

Big regrets watching this whilst half pissing about on twitter as it really does demand a full attention..or does it? Hard to find a consensus on this one ...like Donnie Darko I fear it may not fully justify the scrutiny and probably contain a MASSIVE plothole that some kid will spot on his 20th watch and render the whole thing beyond credibility but otherwise an enjoyable bit of Chris Nolan exploring dreams within dreams all the way to infinity.

Hidden aka Caché 8/10

Probably familiar to most, a French film about a couple who start receiving tapes of themselves going about their day in the post from an anonymous sender and the affects it has on their lives. i'm amazed Hollywood hasn't tried to remake this with, I dunno, Jodie Foster and Stellan Skarsgard as a pair of middle class professionals from upstate New York, cos it feels like the sort of thriller that's just odd enough but just accessible enough to have a broad appeal. And you really need to be not messing about on Twitter over the end credits.

Edited by Christophe

The Intouchables aka Intouchables 7/10

I'm not sure why they didn't just call this The Untouchables as its the proper English translation of Intouchables..its not like you could possibly confuse it with the Brian dePalma prohibition epic. Anyway, fairly enjoyable fluff. I went in with low expectations because if you read the synopsis it sounds like Driving Miss Daisy in a wheelchair i.e. a white, wealthy, paralysed man employs a poor, black dude as his personal assistant and barriers are indeed broken down.

Maria Full of Grace 8.5/10

(aka Everything You Wanted To Know About Being A Colombian Drug Mule But Were Afraid To Ask). Its all about the performance of Catalina Sandino Morena, who bagged an Oscar nomination in her debut role for this one.

Oculus - When a young man is released from long-term psychiatric care, he has to deal with his sister's insistence that their parents died at the hands of a mysterious haunted mirror.

This has a similar feel to other Blumhouse movies such as Insidious and Sinister, and is quite nicely effective for the most part. It builds well towards the inevitable confrontation via a series of flashbacks that show the family's story, while the sister attempts to awaken her brother's memory in the present day. Unfortunately, while it seems to be going somewhere interesting, the final third meshes both storylines with no surprises, and the film ends in possibly the most predictable way imaginable. Bit of a wasted opportunity, as it was really quite good until then.

The Purge: Anarchy - the annual night of legal crime arrives again, and various groups of people find themselves under siege. They must work together to survive, and will also discover that The Purge isn't quite what it seems.

This is a slightly improved sequel, which is probably at its strongest in the build-up, as the outbreak of violence can't possibly match the fear of it beforehand. It does feel a little tired towards the end, as there are plot elements that seem very familiar (from films like the Hostel series, for example), and the whole thing does come across as an illogical comic book now and then. The plot strays into a bit of socio-economic analysis at times in an attempt to add depth, which is a terrible idea when your whole concept is ludicrous to begin with. I don't know that it was particularly worth seeing in the cinema, but certainly worth renting if you enjoyed the first film.

Why is everyone so obsessed with murder anyway? Surely there'd be a lot more looting going on than killing. And the hackers would have a field...err, night. I'd wager that there'd be a lot more consequence-free rape going on too. Not to mention the jaywalking! :P

I'd say The Purge: Anarchy is good for pretty much anyone who seen the first movie, liked the idea behind it, and was more than a touch disappointed at how it turned out. I was satisfied with the way they went about this one, even if the villains of the piece were a bit too much on the panto villain side of things.

Ferris Bueller's day off. Not exactly a hidden gem, but I could never tire watching that film. Who'd have thought, that Mr Rooney would turn out to be a BEAST!!!