What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

El Dorado

Bog standard John Wayne western that more or less ripped off the exact same film he made 7 years earlier in Rio Bravo.

James Caan in an early role plays decent support apart from a mildly racist Chinese man impression to fool the bad guys. Wayne plays Wayne. I did notice that Ed Asner plays the bad guy, strange that the next film starring him and Caan would be "Elf".

Bit cliched for me, saying that, I've watched it about half a dozen times in my life.

6/10

Papillon 7/10

Prison breakout movie starring Steve Mcqueen and Dustin Hoffman. Was entertaining enough but seemed to drag on a bit. Good but not as good as some of the reviews for it

The book is magnificent.

The Hobbit Battle of The leftover effects from lotr

CGI snoozefest with zero redeeming features at all. Kinda expected it but after watching the first two it had to be watched.

And it's still comfortably the best of the three. What a waste. There's one brilliant film to be had from the three.

LOTR just about held its own over the six hours or whatever, but the Hobbit was never, ever a trilogy.

The Maze Runner 6/10

Group of boys get put in a maze and have to battle it out with big spider-like creatures. All this on top of having their memories erased. Not as shite as ive made it sound. Was enjoyable enough for what it was and ive read that this is the first of a planned trilogy

The Salvation

A Danish made western starring Mads Mikkelsen as a war veteran turned farmer who hunts down a bunch of bad guys....

.... and kicks their fucking c***s in.

A bit of a slow burner and fairly cliched and predictable but amusing enough. Scores an extra point for featuring a bearded Eric Cantona as a bad ass gunslinger.

7/10

The Water Diviner

Russell Crowe plays a grieving father who travels to the battlefields of Gallipoli to search for his missing sons. I was expecting this to be heavy going but it was actually pretty entertaining. Well worth watching.

8/10

Annabelle - a couple of chancers set themselves up as "paranormal investigators" and manage to make a career out of it for decades. After one dies, the other decides to gather a retirement bonanza by selling their made-up tales to Hollywood. Oh aye, and some bullshit about possessed dolls.

Only watched this because the wife was determined to, for some reason. Story reeks of fatigue and the presentation has no entertainment value whatsoever. There's a curious void at the heart of this film, leaving the viewer waiting interminably for something interesting to happen, but it never does (although you may have an occasional weak smile at what the makers thought you'd find scary). Watch Child's Play instead; at least Brad Dourif never pretended that Chucky was real.

Easily the biggest let down sequel/prequel for me. The Conjuring is my favourite horror film and I was really looking forward to this. Needless to say I was bitterly disappointed.

The Theory of Everything.

Finally got around to this. Have to say I was very impressed although I'm not outraged it didn't win the Oscar for Best Picture. Had Eddie Redmayne not picked up his Best Actor award, that would have been a different matter! I thought he was absolutely superb throughout. He portrayed a motor neurone sufferer with both dignity and realism. Absolutely superb. I enjoyed the comedy within the film. It was nicely done and by all accounts it portrayed the sense of humour Hawking is known to have. I really enjoyed this and will likely watch again some time in the future.

7.5/10

Got about 30 films to go of the top 100 imdb so getting there.

I just went and had a look and I've got about 10 to go in the to 100 but that includes all the Chaplain films and Life is Beautiful which I've seen bits of and will never be able to sit through.

I downloaded Life is Beautiful but the subs are all over the place regarding the syncing. Ive tried it through vlc but to no avail. One minute the subs are behind by a few seconds and the next thing they are ahead of whats happening on screen

Inbetweeners 2

Not nearly as good as the 1st one and only bit I was creasing myself at was when Will gets hit by the shite down the flume.

4/10

Dumb and Dumber to

Pretty funny and I feel maybe even a bit better than the 1st film.

7.5/10

Aw no way man I think you have them the wrong way round :P , I thought the 2nd Inbetweeners was way funnier than the first one and Dumb and Dumber to was no way near the first, still funny but nowhere near the standard of the first one. Dumb and Dumber is a classic, its untouchable.

Funny old word really.

Aw no way man I think you have them the wrong way round :P , I thought the 2nd Inbetweeners was way funnier than the first one and Dumb and Dumber to was no way near the first, still funny but nowhere near the standard of the first one. Dumb and Dumber is a classic, its untouchable.

Funny old word really.

I respect your opinion but I disagree.

StandFree03, on 25 Apr 2015 - 22:19, said:

Dancing through the cave like a total dickhead, I almost bailed on it there and then. Glad I kept with it though, a funny and enjoyable "romp".

I thought that was a great way to start it and set the tone brilliantly. Also fit with Star Lord pretty well too.

Life is beautiful is my favourite film of all time. I've got a film called all about eve

As I say I've seen bits and him making up stories for the kid while everyone else including us the viewer knows the horrific things going on and really did go on. It's too much for me, I'm sure it's a wonderful film but I'd struggle to get through it.