What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Edge of Tomorrow - 7/10

Tom Cruise stars as a soldier forced to relive the same day over and over. The UDF, (catchy!?), is at war with Alien invaders 'Mimics' who've conquered mainland Europe. Can Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt stop them reaching the UK and then the rest of the world and how is Major Cage able to reset each day?

Sounds terrible doesn't it? It's actually a really decent film. Think Groundhog Day with extra aliens. Cruise is his usual dependable self and Emily Blunt is surprisingly effective as a special forces poster girl.

Edge of Tomorrow - 7/10

Tom Cruise stars as a soldier forced to relive the same day over and over. The UDF, (catchy!?), is at war with Alien invaders 'Mimics' who've conquered mainland Europe. Can Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt stop them reaching the UK and then the rest of the world and how is Major Cage able to reset each day?

Sounds terrible doesn't it? It's actually a really decent film. Think Groundhog Day with extra aliens. Cruise is his usual dependable self and Emily Blunt is surprisingly effective as a special forces poster girl.

Fuckin wid, all over her exo-suit.

Edge of Tomorrow - 7/10

It's a great film.

Poorly marketed though

Adventureland:

I wasn't sure what to expect of this as I quite like Jesse Eisenberg but Kristen Stewart is a God awful actress. Ultimately I didn't really enjoy it. My main problem was that it was incredibly dull for long points with nothing happening and the characters weren't interesting enough to care about. Eisenberg did what he does in pretty much all his roles but he was fine at that. Kristen Stewart was unsurprisingly lifeless and was just there to offer some poorly spoken words that barely made it out her mouth. There was a good movie there somewhere as it had a certain charm at points but it just felt like it passed you by too often.

5/10

A Walk Among The Tombstones - 5/10.

The general story was a good idea but the fact that nothing at all was ever explained as to why the story happened and why certain random characters were inserted into the film just made it a bit of a nonsense.

A Walk Among The Tombstones - 5/10.

The general story was a good idea but the fact that nothing at all was ever explained as to why the story happened and why certain random characters were inserted into the film just made it a bit of a nonsense.

Went to see this at the cinema and thought it was dreadful.

Death Proof - 8/10

Another one I wasn't expecting too much from but I was thoroughly entertained. Great soundtrack, and a great performance from Kurt Russell as Stuntman Mike. The lap dance scene isn't bad either.

Inside Out

Was good, enjoyed it. I'm not sure what all the fuss is about though. It's definitely the Pixar film that tries hardest to be clever for parents/adults, and definitely succeeds. It is highly original and very inventive.

I just think it fails as a kids' movie. I can't imagine taking any of the young ones in my family and then laughing at pretty much anything in it. It's not an especially funny film. It gets all the emotional stuff as well as Up, probably better, but I just didn't find it massively entertaining.

Worth a watch for sure.

Mission To Lars.

Documentary by relatively well known journalist Kate Spicer and her filmmaker brother about their quest to arrange a meeting between their disabled brother and his hero Lars Ulrich.

The docu deals heavily with the siblings guilt for not understanding their brothers Fragile X syndrome and for mostly not trying hard enough with him. In trying to do something special for their brother they inadvertently cause him further distress at first and the whole journey seems merely a project to make them feel less guilty. The ending however is positive and very touching.

6/10

Mission To Lars.

Documentary by relatively well known journalist Kate Spicer and her filmmaker brother about their quest to arrange a meeting between their disabled brother and his hero Lars Ulrich.

The docu deals heavily with the siblings guilt for not understanding their brothers Fragile X syndrome and for mostly not trying hard enough with him. In trying to do something special for their brother they inadvertently cause him further distress at first and the whole journey seems merely a project to make them feel less guilty. The ending however is positive and very touching.

6/10

Lars Ulrich is somebody's hero? :huh:

Are the reasons for this explained?

Fantastic four - 6/10. Didn't think was too bad. Second one I think will be really good. I did read that the producer wasn't happy that the majority of the film got cut back

I think (I might be wrong) that the original plan was to have a crossover film with the X-Men next but since all the criticism and controversy that has been binned.