What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

No Good Deed - 5/10. Pretty forgettable, Idris Elba does well when he is shown to be struggling to contain his violent urges but other than that doesnt seem too imposing throughout. More creepy than threatening. As usual his American accent is seriously wonky.

Pride - 7/10

Very enjoyable film. Tells the story of the LGSM, (Lesbians & Gays Support Miners), during the 1980's miners strike. As a snapshot in time in is quite shocking to see the prejudice and ignorance of the time.

This film has a great cast who are all on top form to deliver some big laughs as well as some poignant moments.

Monster Squad 7/10

I watched this loads of times in the 80s and re-watched it for the first time in a long time on Saturday. I loved it, (again). Great tongue-in-cheek script and cheesy dialogue. Some questionable clichés and terrific 80s styling. Brilliant.

'my name...is Horrace!'

Sexy Beast 7/10

p.s. this very short review contains a spoiler

Enjoyable enough. It's all about the dynamic between wins-tone & kingsley so kinda falls on it's arse after he dies. Was unsure whether to go 6 or 7, 6 seems a tad harsh. I'll say 7 since the first half is pretty damn good.

Men, Woman & Children. A film based around the love lives of 4 or 5 different couples. Adam Sandler, Jennifer Garner and Dean Norris being the biggest names in the film along with that young guy who is in everything just now. You know the one.

Really enjoyed it - was surprised to read online that it's not had good reviews as it's quiet a solid film. I'd give it a 6.5/10.

Annie

Watched it with my little girl last night. Feel good sing-a-long film. Jamie Foxx has a decent voice.

6/10

Jamie Foxx singing the American national anthem before the Mayweather - Pacquaio fight is one of the most cringeworthy things I've ever witnessed.

The Wolfpack

Documentary about a group of siblings that had been kept from the outside world by their father, the only knowledge they had of the world was through movies which they re-enacted in their apartment...

fairly amazing stuff here ,a well made thought provoking piece of work that gives you a different twist on relatonships with movies, the bond the family has through them is shown well Perhaps not the absoloute best docu-film ever made but a very good one and I would advise anyone to give it a go, especially real movie buffs. 8/10

Sounds crackin, will give it a go.

Legend

Must admit - I was a little bit disappointed with this. For a film that lasted well over two hours, it felt like it skimmed the surface a bit too much for my liking. It'll look great on Tom Hardy's cv and he was excellent as the Kray twins and Emily Browning is decent as Frances as well, but ultimately this movie lacked a spark. I don't think it helped that the N.W.A biopic was recently released - it certainly doesn't measure up to that.

5/10

Pride - 7/10

Very enjoyable film. Tells the story of the LGSM, (Lesbians & Gays Support Miners), during the 1980's miners strike. As a snapshot in time in is quite shocking to see the prejudice and ignorance of the time.

This film has a great cast who are all on top form to deliver some big laughs as well as some poignant moments.

Watched this last night, agree with everything said. A thoroughly enjoyable film.