What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Robot and Frank 8/10 So much better than it sounds.. Set in the near future, an old guy is starting to lose his memory. His kids struggle to keep an eye on him so get him a helper robot. Old boy was a burglar and gets the robot to start helping him with robberies. They strike up a friendship and.. not much happens. Just a really sweet, funny film.

Loved that film. When I told my brother in law about it he thought I said Robot Anne Frank and instantly imagined a sci-fi epic where a young dutch cyborg defeats the Nazis.

Heartbreak Ridge was on telly last night. Forgot how good it was, they seemed to hit a golden age for cheesy action films in the 80's, though Clint Eastwood manages to elevate his character above the one dimensional grizzled old soldier type with a surprisingly nuanced performance.

Wife has got the online shopping bug and has been ordering DVD's recently.

Spotlight and Sicario arrived yesterday. Will probably watch them during the bank holiday weekend.

Anyone know if they're any good?

Wife has got the online shopping bug and has been ordering DVD's recently.Spotlight and Sicario arrived yesterday. Will probably watch them during the bank holiday weekend.Anyone know if they're any good?

Spotlight is very good. Good dialogue and good acting. Although there isn't any action in it, so some people might find it boring.( I really enjoyed it). Not seen Sicario yet but I've heard it's good

Spotlight is one of the best movies of the last 15 years for me. Utterly wonderful work. Sicario is pretty good. It felt a bit hollow to me, and some of the more supposedly exciting stuff fell flat, but it's a good two hours of entertainment.

Knock knock - kean reeves is home alone when two tidy burds turn up at his door giving it the damsel in distress act. He falls for it with terrible consequences. 6/10. Usual wooden performance from kean bit he gets 10/10 for his comedy performance in the final scene. Funniest thing I have seen in years. Watched it back about ten times and was still chuckling about it going to sleep last night. Worth watching for this alone. All completely unintentional of course.

I just watched that 'Knock Knock'. Keanu Reeves' acting is terrible in it, it completely ruins any kind of tension they are trying to build. It's almost one of those, so bad it's good films. 4/10

At least his character got a funny story to tell when he's an old man down the pub.

The Nice Guys - 8/10. Went to the Unlimited screening of this last night and thought it was great. Ryan Gosling was hilarious. The storyline is a bit ridiculous, but its very good-humoured and the two hours flew by.

The Nice Guys - 8/10. Went to the Unlimited screening of this last night and thought it was great. Ryan Gosling was hilarious. The storyline is a bit ridiculous, but its very good-humoured and the two hours flew by.

Very much looking forward to seeing this. A big fan of Shane Black movies. For me, he's arguably one of the most consistent writers for films out there.

Humanoids from the Deep - a science experiment goes wrong, and a breed of mutant mermen attack a small fishing community.

Every bit as daft and cheap as you'd expect from Roger Corman's production company, this was still quite entertaining in that terrible B-movie way, with some surprisingly decent and varied practical creature and gore effects. Also doesn't hurt that there are a plethora of attractive lassies running about in the nip for a good portion of the running time - Corman kens his audience. An easy 80 minutes or so, if you're in the mood for something containing rubber rape monsters.

Grimsby

Holy shit. One of those films that is so bad that it might be good. Childish and immature for the most part but there are a few chuckles in there as well. I genuinely dont know what to make of it :lol:

Grimsby

Holy shit. One of those films that is so bad that it might be good. Childish and immature for the most part but there are a few chuckles in there as well. I genuinely dont know what to make of it :lol:

Me too , I'm still not sure about it. Although the elephant/bantha scene tickled my funny bone for some reason.

Trainwreck.

3/5. Not a fan of rom com at all and this did nothing to change my mind. I do like Amy Schumer though so I was hoping for a bit of her comedy style. There wasn't as much of it as I'd like but there was a few good lines in there. What I'd really hoped was to avoid schmultz and that went fairly well until the end. I'd watch it again but only if I stumbled on it when there was nothing else on.