What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Suicide Squad would've been better if they stuck with the grittier, more serious, version they originally planned on putting out. They then randomly decided to stick in "wacky, zany" effects into it, which ruined things somewhat.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Suicide Squad would've been better if they stuck with the grittier, more serious, version they originally planned on putting out. They then randomly decided to stick in "wacky, zany" effects into it, which ruined things somewhat.

I think it may have been better if they'd gone down the route Dredd went down.o r maybe even Watchmen,having said that it still took a shitload of cash

Suicide Squad isn't a superhero film

I'm being pedantic here, as I know exactly what you mean, although I don't agree with it

Fair enough, a super villain movie? :P

Just wasn't for me. Not enough joker too.

Agree with a post above, tried to be too zaney.

It made a shitload of cash, il put that down to Margot Robbie's arse. Halloween will be interesting this year!

11 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Fair enough, a super villain movie? :P

Just wasn't for me. Not enough joker too.

Agree with a post above, tried to be too zaney.

It made a shitload of cash, il put that down to Margot Robbie's arse. Halloween will be interesting this year!

It could be utterly horrific, as "curvy" girls try to squeeze into hotpants and Daddy's Lil Monster Tshirts.

ETA:

I've now watched Suicide Squad, and what a f*cking waste of time that is. Other than decent performances from Will Smith and Margot Robbie, the whole thing is completely forgettable. The Joker was shoehorned in, and after all the hype about Leto and his "method" acting, was completely shite.

Edited by Mark Connolly

Girl on the Train.

Spoiler

Pish. I enjoy mystery/thrillers that keep you guessing, while also leaving small wee hints about who the actual killer is that you only notice on second viewing. Its fairly obvious the main character, or the hilariously aggressive partner (who'd have been less obvious a killer if he walked about with a Scream mask on) arent the guilty ones, despite the flashbacks showing the main character smashing the victims head of the ground and then hiding the body. 

The "twist" about who the real killer is, is utterly dense aswell, as the only twist is the fact they've shown you multiple flashbacks which they suddenly turn around in the final five minutes to provide sustenance to whats a horrendously cliched, rushed ending. 

Don't even get me started on the fact that apparently being a serial stalker, with a massive drinking problem and a history of unsettling behaviour, suddenly means you can get away with stabbing the ex you've been harassing for a year, in the throat, without anything more than an interview.

Storks - 8/10. Didn't think this looked particularly good but it's probably the best animated film I've seen all year. Hilarious. A lot of the jokes will go right over kids' heads but I wasn't for caring.

Trolls - 3/10. Fairly tedious. Definitely seemed like a cash cow vessel for a resurgence in the product rather than making any attempt to make a good film.

On 10/10/2016 at 17:42, babu said:

The Man Who Saved the World (2014)

What a cracking film!     was on channel 61(true entertainment) ! last night.

The story of Stanislav Petrov , the  Russian soldier who averted a nuclear war in 1983

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2277106/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

I watched it when it was repeated at the weekend. Not what I was expecting - I thought it was going to be a straight narrative, not a documentary with the real soldier in the present day and the events told in flashback. He came across as a bit of an angry type though, especially when he seemed to be having a go at the Minuteman silo guide.

Dance With A Serial Killer 8/10

On iPlayer, documentary from 07/08, about the efforts to bring Francis Heaulme to justice. Lead cop guy is very cool in a serious French way, and whilst you're bound to think the perp a bad man you have to respect his effort.

Now You See Me 2 - 3/10

Awful, not Suicide Squad awful, but still awful. Woody Harrelson playing his character and his character's twin brother is just pure cringe. Saved by Mark Ruffalo who is too beautiful for this world. Terrible but I would still watch a sequel in the hope it captured some charm of the first one.

18 minutes ago, Christophe said:

Now You See Me 2 - 3/10

Awful, not Suicide Squad awful, but still awful. Woody Harrelson playing his character and his character's twin brother is just pure cringe. Saved by Mark Ruffalo who is too beautiful for this world. Terrible but I would still watch a sequel in the hope it captured some charm of the first one.

Yup. Really, really bad. It actually doesn't make any sense. It's a 2/10 from me - one of the worst films I've seen for a long time.

A Walk in the Woods 7/10

Based on the Bill Bryson book about tackling the Appalachian trail, (like America's West Highland Way except massive and with added bears). It was actually a bit of a buddy movie, nicely paced but lacking any kind of character development or pay off. The actors were all decent and there were a couple of belly laughs at times.

Nick Nolte looks dreadful now. Robert Redford is excellent - as usual.

2 minutes ago, GordonD said:

There's bears on the West Highland Way too - but they're safe to approach if Rangers have won.

I still don't trust them. There's a special spray you can get to irritate them.................it's called deodorant.

1 hour ago, DI Bruce Robertson said:

Just like to say that Christophe's reviews on here are great, very informative & unbiased.
But my, I've no idea how he finds the time to watch the amount of movies he does.

Haha cheers, I'll usually blitz a good few of a weekend then drip review them over the week when I can be arsed. Just so happen to have got them all out the way early this week!