What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

A Walk in the Woods 7/10

Based on the Bill Bryson book about tackling the Appalachian trail, (like America's West Highland Way except massive and with added bears). It was actually a bit of a buddy movie, nicely paced but lacking any kind of character development or pay off. The actors were all decent and there were a couple of belly laughs at times.

Nick Nolte looks dreadful now. Robert Redford is excellent - as usual.

2 minutes ago, GordonD said:

There's bears on the West Highland Way too - but they're safe to approach if Rangers have won.

I still don't trust them. There's a special spray you can get to irritate them.................it's called deodorant.

1 hour ago, DI Bruce Robertson said:

Just like to say that Christophe's reviews on here are great, very informative & unbiased.
But my, I've no idea how he finds the time to watch the amount of movies he does.

Haha cheers, I'll usually blitz a good few of a weekend then drip review them over the week when I can be arsed. Just so happen to have got them all out the way early this week!

11 minutes ago, TrevorMcD said:

Terrific, I had added that to my list and now I get tomorrow after work for something else! 

Thank feck I didn't go to the pictures & pay for it, we still switched it off.

I persevered & watched the rest tonight. It didn't improve any, absolute tripe.

Vote, Vote, Vote, For Nigel Barton 8/10

Second of the two Nigel Barton plays written by Dennis Potter. Barton is a stand-in for Potter himself.

Better and more substantial than the first one. This time Barton is running for Labour in a safe Tory seat ahead of a by-election. His campaign manager is a sly tosser who can't be arsed with Barton's working class idealism, but then Barton's wife starts to get fed up with how her husband turns into a say-anything politics dwad. Lots of funny scenes where the residents of the fictions West Barsetshire would rather talk about Mrs Miggin's jam sponge than measures to reverse the national crisis. Prescient, or 'twas ever thus? 

American Honey 8/10

Really enjoyed this, you've really got to be in the mood for a long film with not that much of a story though. Seen it compared in some respects to Malick, which makes sense.

Not a bad film but she didn't half put herself in very vulnerable situations. The movie flew in. 7/10

12 minutes ago, killiepiemuncher said:

Not a bad film but she didn't half put herself in very vulnerable situations. The movie flew in. 7/10

Yeah, great characterisations I thought, totally believed people's decisions even when they were a bit nuts. Didn't realise the main guy in it was Shia the beef!

Just dropped in to see if anyone had seen American Honey - good to see you folks giving it a thumbs up (I keep thinking it's called American Bunny). Heard Edith Bowman talking to the director and the music is right up my street..https://audioboom.com/posts/5164176-episode-11-oscar-winning-director-andrea-arnold-talks-american-honey?t=0 

Kermode was raving about it on Friday too. Will try and catch it tomorrow night. 

I watched Don't Breathe after hearing good things about it. Bit disappointing TBH, I actually thought it would be a lot darker. Plus the end was crap.

5/10

And did you physically boke at the turkey baster scene?