What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Commando- Big Arnie kills loads of folks in order to save his wee lassie. Completely ridiculous but very watchable  pish after a few beers on a Saturday night eve,n if you know the words of by heart ( another movie where the bad guys are all awful shots) 7/10

Edited by stanton

12 hours ago, stanton said:

Commando- Big Arnie kills loads of folks in order to save his wee lassie. Completely ridiculous but very watchable  pish after a few beers on a Saturday night eve,n if you know the words of by heart ( another movie where the bad guys are all awful shots) 7/10

A glorious movie. Ludicrously over the top, camp bad guy and plenty of fantastic one liners from the big lad.

The Equalizer 2

8/10.

Came out on Netflix on Friday.

Denzel Washington punches f**k out of a load of folk. Then some more folk. Some guys try to punch f**k out of Denzel so he punches f**k out of them instead.

Edited by DA Baracus

The Journey - a fictionalised account of when Martin McGuiness and Ian Paisley shared a car to the airport after the meeting at St Andrews that paved the way for the power sharing agreement.

As said I'm pretty sure there's little if anything factual about the conversations that took place in the film but given how basic the premise sounds it's still a decent watch. Colm Meaney and Timothy Spall play the two politicians and it's the performances of the two that is the main attraction of it.

Several random Game of Thrones actors being in it took me out of it a little bit especially the actor who played Meryn 'Fucking' Trant playing Gerry Adams.
😂

Took a notion for watching Gladiator (2000) tonight, brilliant acting throughout (although Crowe's "father to a murdered...etc" speech seems a bit corny now).

Brilliant how Tommy Flanagan goes from his normal speaking voice (a la SoA) to something  very affected when he reappears towards the end.

Tony Curran makes a fleeting appearance as one of the cohorts ordered to execute Maximus near the beginning.

59 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

The Journey - a fictionalised account of when Martin McGuiness and Ian Paisley shared a car to the airport after the meeting at St Andrews that paved the way for the power sharing agreement.

As said I'm pretty sure there's little if anything factual about the conversations that took place in the film but given how basic the premise sounds it's still a decent watch. Colm Meaney and Timothy Spall play the two politicians and it's the performances of the two that is the main attraction of it.

Several random Game of Thrones actors being in it took me out of it a little bit especially the actor who played Meryn 'Fucking' Trant playing Gerry Adams.
😂

Absolutely loved that movie. 
One of those movies though that the producers had absolutely no clue about the direction of travel. You do not pass Edinburgh airport heading towards the city centre and then stop for a break at South Queensferry!

2 hours ago, supermik said:

One of those movies though that the producers had absolutely no clue about the direction of travel. You do not pass Edinburgh airport heading towards the city centre and then stop for a break at South Queensferry!

Film makers do that all the time.  In the film Local Hero the characters drive along the B862 from Inverness to Fort Augustus in order to Pennan in Aberdeenshire.

In Loch Ness, you take a bus more than halfway to Gairloch to get from Inverness to Loch Ness itself.

6 hours ago, supermik said:

Absolutely loved that movie. 

Yeah and didn’t it have them leave the motorway for flooding and go through some random park that I’m not sure exists. Pentland  Hills Park or something like that?

4 hours ago, Fullerene said:

Film makers do that all the time.  In the film Local Hero the characters drive along the B862 from Inverness to Fort Augustus in order to Pennan in Aberdeenshire.

In Loch Ness, you take a bus more than halfway to Gairloch to get from Inverness to Loch Ness itself.

Eurovision - The Story of Fire Saga has the Hydro in Edinburgh.

The Old Guard 7/10

Fairly decent couple of hours. Charlie Theron leads of group of 4 'immortal' mercaneries who live in fear of being of exposed.

A few bits felt a wee bit off and the main 'villain' was abit shit and cliched but still enjoyable enough. Set up for future sequal(s).

On 13/07/2020 at 22:53, spud131 said:

The Old Guard 7/10

Fairly decent couple of hours. Charlie Theron leads of group of 4 'immortal' mercaneries who live in fear of being of exposed.
A few bits felt a wee off and the main 'villain' was abit shit and cliched but still enjoyable enough. Set up for future sequal(s).

Pretty much my feelings exactly. Was a fun enough experience, not a great film and a lot felt like something lifted directly from another film. But there's enough to like

The Bourne Supremacy

Fancied rewatching this old favourite tonight, I downplayed in my head how good this is. Best of the original Bourne trilogy, and ergo of the Whole series. Tight, full of intrigue, a plot that builds at a good pace, some decent espionagye-y performanceswith Matt Damon, Joan Allen and Brian Cox genuinely excellent. Fantastic action scenes and a really down to earth, grimy and realistic visual style. 

9/10

Time After Time (1979)

Another underrated gem from the 70s, it stars Malcolm McDowell as HG Wells and David Warner as Jack the Ripper.

Warner steals McDowell's time machine to escape Victorian justice and transports to 1979 San Francisco. McDowell follows him, meets and falls in love with Mary Steenbergen and tries to apprehend Warner before he resumes his ripping tendencies.

Despite loads of plot holes it's a really entertaining take on the time-travel genre with the two male leads excellent throughout.

22 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

The Bourne Supremacy

Fancied rewatching this old favourite tonight, I downplayed in my head how good this is. Best of the original Bourne trilogy, and ergo of the Whole series. Tight, full of intrigue, a plot that builds at a good pace, some decent espionagye-y performanceswith Matt Damon, Joan Allen and Brian Cox genuinely excellent. Fantastic action scenes and a really down to earth, grimy and realistic visual style. 

9/10

When I was in uni we had to write a report on the 2012 US Presidential Election. When writing about Romney's Mormonism I put the heading "The Mormon Identity" and when I was given it back with feedback just saw a big tick next to the heading.