Janeane Garofalo

Sarah Michelle Gellar

The Rock

Jon Lovitz

Seann William Scott

Justin Timberlake

Eli Roth

Please explain the comment in red. I don't believe it. <_<

Fair comment but not as constructive a reply as I was hoping for. What part did Janeane Garofalo play, must have missed that bit in all the confusion. :blink:

Fair comment but not as constructive a reply as I was hoping for. What part did Janeane Garofalo play, must have missed that bit in all the confusion. :blink:

Never seen it, just looked through the cast list.

Apparently she played "General Teena MacArthur".

Justin Timberlake is hardly the worst actor ever, especially for someone who isn't actually an actor.

The Rock, Sean William Scott and Eli Roth can all shove it.

Oh, and Sarah Michelle Gellar isn't exactly a horrible actress either.

Read on the BBC website last month about Paris Hilton being accused of not promoting "Pledge this!", a film she starred in, thus now being told she had to pay $75,000 in damages.

Thought I'd punish myself by watching it.

Now I know National Lampoon have put out some utter droll but who can forget the classics (IMO) like Animal House, Vacation etc. so I was hoping for something semi-bareable. No.

2/10 - gets a bonus for having Paula Garcés in it :wub:

The Forgotten (1973)

A low budget ($100k) film set in a lunatics asylum, where the "doctor" turns out to be actually one of the inmates.

Ends up with a massacre to destroy the majority of the cast. Best thing that could have happened to them as they were annoying the hell out of the me!

Being remade next year under it's UK title "Don't Look in the Basement", although seems to be pretty different from this version.

It was sitting at around 2/10 all the way through, although the massacre that made me happy at the end can double the overall rating to

4/10

The Strangers - 8/10

I'll be honest, this is probably up there in the top 5 scary movies i have ever seen (cue "OMG, how can you say that?". I think a lot of that is to do with how loud each scare was in the cinema, but it was definitely effective.

The scene

were Liv Tyler's character opens the curtains with the knife only to have the masked guy bang on the window

, actually had my heart going like a pneumatic drill.

I've read reviews saying it's shit and usually it takes quite a lot to spook me, but this film has certainly left an impression.

Edited by Gall09

Guest Spank the monkey

I watched Gothika last night and i had seriously forgotten how wash that films banter is.Just made me want to watch Jacobs Ladder.Now theres a film!

In the middle of Jet Li's Fearless. Fantastic.

Stupid blind woman planting rice cos Jet Li couldn't. :thumbsdown

EDIT: Forgot to mention that awful wrestler Nathan Jones being in it... Fight scenes were pretty good but the back story is so boring it made me leave the cinema wondering why the f**k I'd just paid £8 odd to watch it!!

Edited by SaltyTON

In the middle of Jet Li's Fearless. Fantastic.

Jet Li is poor, he relies to much on camera trickery and ropes and his stunts are just shite. If you like good martial arts films then Tony Jaa is the man for you.

Jet Li is poor, he relies to much on camera trickery and ropes and his stunts are just shite.

I think that's unfair. He was awesome in Lethal Weapon 4 ( or 3 ? ) and all he really had to do was look really pissed off most of the time, and he was still more menacing than a lot of bad guys out there.

Jindabyne ( 2006 )

Rather interesting movie here. It's still on Premiere at the moment, and it's almost certainly worth a look. It revolves around a group of friends who find a woman in a river and report it at the end of the weekend rather than right away, and it follows the consequences of these actions. Gabriel Byrne is incredible as the mild mannered guy who seems to be the main protagonist of the piece, while Laura Linney is surprisingly annoying as his selfish wife. The movie never really hits a high gear, nor does it HAVE to, as it's slow pace only goes to amplify the actions on the screen. There's lots of little sub plots and subjects to pick at as well, including the young girl who's grief makes her do really stupid things.

I could go on about this movie, but I'll let you see for yourself. There is ONE story arc that gets left unanswered and is probably the most disturbing of all.

8/10