What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Had a few hours to spare today so went to see The Duchess.

Not a film that will appeal to everyone, I guess, but I've always been fascinated by the lives of the supposed Upper Classes in olden Britain, so I really liked it.

Kiera Knightley gets her boobs out for a couple of seconds too. Ralph Fiennes is great as the Duke of Devonshire and really is quite a sympathetic character despite his cold exterior.

A solid 8/10 for me.

Cloverfield.

Thought it was brilliant. Wish they'd kept the 'Monster' a bit more discreet though. 8/10

Did you watch it at home Andy? How does it translate to the small screen?

I absolutely adored Cloverfield, but I'm scared it'll lose its impact watching it on a telly as opposed to the cinema. Me and my mates recently watched Rec and were disappointed at how it came across at home :(

Did you watch it at home Andy? How does it translate to the small screen?

I absolutely adored Cloverfield, but I'm scared it'll lose its impact watching it on a telly as opposed to the cinema. Me and my mates recently watched Rec and were disappointed at how it came across at home :(

I watched it at home Gaz.

I thoroughly enjoyed it but do kind of wish I went to the cinema to see it. The tension was still there like but I dont have surround in yet so probably missed a bit of atmosphere with the 'Monster?' roaring and the guns getting fired etc.

Do you know if there is a sequel on the way?

Pineapple Express

I expected it to be a bit more funnier. I didnt even laugh once. Maybe if i was stoned....? :unsure:

4/10

I have to strongly disagree, i saw this masterpiece at the weekend a nearly pissed myself laughing, it was brilliant. Best comedy of the year, just like Super Bad was last year.

Just watched From Dusk 'Til Dawn.

I thought it was ok up until the vampires started appearing, then it got a bit silly. I know it's probably supposed to be like that, but it didn't do it for me.

I think Quentin Tarantino is hit and miss, some of his stuff is brilliant, but some (most) of it is rotten!

4/10

In The Valley Of Elah ( 2007 )

There's nothing special going on here. No exhilirating climax to the whodunit storyline and the drama isn't overdone. There's no underlying sub plot to do with romance. It's pretty simple and gets the job done, and the movie is all the better for it. Where it falls is making Tommy Lee Jones out to be superior to everyone else for the majority. He only ever seems to seem vulnerable at the end.

7/10

I thought it was ok up until the vampires started appearing, then it got a bit silly. I know it's probably supposed to be like that, but it didn't do it for me.

I think Quentin Tarantino is hit and miss, some of his stuff is brilliant, but some (most) of it is rotten!

4/10

No, no, no, no, no

Just go and sit in the corner and think about what you've done.

4/10

I thought it was a great film to be honest.

Definitely a 'leave your brain at home' one, but a lot of fun at the same time.

Loved the exchange between Cheech Marin's Carlos character and George Clooney's Seth:

Carlos: So, what, were they psychos, or...

Seth: Did they look like psychos? Is that what they looked like? They were vampires. Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a *beep* how crazy they are!

7/10

Saw Tropic Thunder last night. I thought it was pretty decent. Some real LOL moments but a lot are of the crude variety so maybe some folk may not find it as humorous as I did i.e. they are more mature than me.

Still, think it should be enough to keep most entertained. Solid 7/10 for me.

Oh, Simple Jack - :lol:

Edited by RiG

Saw Tropic Thunder last night. I thought it was pretty decent. Some real LOL moments but a lot are of the crude variety so maybe some folk may not find it as humorous as I did i.e. they are more mature than me.

Still, think it should be enough to keep most entertained. Solid 7/10 for me.

Oh, Simple Jack - :lol:

I felt horribly guilty at laughing at Simple Jack :ph34r:

I felt horribly guilty at laughing at Simple Jack :ph34r:

I felt bad for a second then couldn't hold it in any more and no longer felt so bad! A group of 8 guys along from myself were almost in the floor in tears laughing at that part :lol:

This clip might not be up for long but while it's working the clip is 2 minutes and 37 seconds in here: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=S1zBSzLhwsk

I have to strongly disagree, i saw this masterpiece at the weekend a nearly pissed myself laughing, it was brilliant. Best comedy of the year, just like Super Bad was last year.

Superbad is still one the the best films out! I even look like McLovin :ph34r: . I liked Step Brothers alot more than what i did Pineapple Express tho. :unsure:

Ghoul School (1990) (V)

I quite often say "so shit it was amazing", or words to that ilk, but this truly was! The acting was awful, the scripting awful, the editing awful, the special effects terrible, the reasoning behind where the zombie type creatures came from ludicrous, but me, my cousin who doesn't watch much horror and her boyfriend were pissing ourselves watching it for the full time it was on the screen. Even her kitten Bean thought he could do a better job and kept jumping in front of the projector! :lol:

I can't give this a low mark!

7/10