What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Went to see Taken last night, starring the always excellent Liam Neeson (not Leslie Nielson as my girlfriend thought).

Very enjoyable. It takes the form of a standard kidnap / rescue / revenge film (think Man on Fire, Commando) but the superb Neeson takes it just a bit further.

A solid 8/10. Although I'm sure if it had been Nielson and not Neeson I'd have been awarding this a Perfect 10.

Edited by Gaz

The Wave

German film in which a teacher indulges in a bit of role playing to illustrate the power of an Autocracy - supposedly loosely based on a true story (isn't everyhthing these days?).

Although you've got an idea how it's going to go from the word go, it's well paced and tells the story well.

7/10

I've Loved You So Long

French film with Kristin Scott Thomas getting her usual plaudits for the starring role. Good story, good acting and a very depressed character in it that I found very amusing for some reason. It would have ben a 7 if it wasn't for the ending that leaves you thinking "But surely they would have...."

6/10

Cannibals 3/10

A man returns to the jungle to find his daughter who was kidnapped by a cannibal tribe and raised as queen of the village and treated as some sort of goddess. Amazing this African trive were fluent in English and some sort of African language. Poor acting, poor script, bizarre dancing and general shiteness made it quite amusing at times.

Die Hard 4.0. ( 2007 )

A worthy addition to the series. If you come into this expecting more than big explosions and awesome action sequences, you'll go out sorely disappointed. The only thing that bugged me about this was John McClane being almost a completely different character to that of old Die Hard movies. Good action and a reasonable plot mean that this is good stuff.

7/10

The Addams Family (1991)

I had previously given this 6/10 but after watching a good 15 years later it's definitely worth another mark for this quote.

Girl Scout: Is this made from real lemons?

Wednesday: Yes.

Girl Scout: I only like all-natural foods and beverages, organically grown, with no preservatives. Are you sure they're real lemons?

Pugsley: Yes.

Girl Scout: Well, I'll tell you what. I'll buy a cup if you buy a box of my delicious Girl Scout cookies. Do we have a deal?

Wednesday: Are they made from real Girl Scouts?

7/10

Watched Lord of the Rings - Two Towers off the Sky Plus last night and have to say even though I've seen it umpteen times before, still couldn't switch it off, even though I can't go 'bug eyes' who plays Frodo. Just forwarded on the bits wae him mulling over the 'burden of the ring'! <_<

I've now decided I'm going tae go out and get the box set and sit one day when I find the time and watch them all one after the other! I'm still just a big kid really!! :P

7/10

Edited by Top Cat

You should come here Top Cat, it was filmed 40 mins away in the car.

Aye, beautiful scenery must be said. If ye ever bump into yon Frodo tell him never tae buy glasses wae thick lenses or he'll end up in Area 51! :P

Well the Shire was filmed in Matamata which is 40 mins in the car. It's very green with rolling hills and loads of sunshine, coo's and horses.

Great place Matamata, think Cupar, with even more inbred hicks and you have it.

Mordor was filmed just past Taupo wich is an hour and a half away, with extra's being flown in from Ibrox, or so I'm led to believe...

Edited by kiwififer

Well the Shire was filmed in Matamata which is 40 mins in the car. It's very green with rolling hills and loads of sunshine, coo's and horses.

Great place Matamata, think Cupar, with even more inbred hicks and you have it.

Mordor was filmed just past Taupo wich is an hour and a half away, with extra's being flown in from Ibrox, or so I'm led to believe...

Very good! <_<:lol:

So what are you over there for?

I thought the boats wae the criminals stopped going there years ago! ;)

that would be west island mate, they never transported criminals here to Aotearoa ;)

Just about every big film is being made here at the moment. Star Wars, Narnia, King Kong the list could go on and on...

Quick edit - watching Fools Gold tonight with the missus. As chick/date flicks go, I thought it wasn't that bad at all. It could have been worse, SATC is out next week...

Edited by kiwififer

that would be west island mate, they never transported criminals here to Aotearoa ;)

Just about every big film is being made here at the moment. Star Wars, Narnia, King Kong the list could go on and on...

So I take it you live there cause it's a hell of a journey for an autograph?? :P

So I take it you live there cause it's a hell of a journey for an autograph?? :P

Yeah live here now. Peter Jackson's are away to film The Hobbit soon, so if anyone wants to be an extra, let me know. You must be very small, be a country bumpkin and have extremely hairy feet, even if you are female.

I expect half of Forfar/Montrose/Arbroath will be applying...

I have recently seen:

Miss Pettigrew Lives For A Day

Probably more suited to the theatre than the cinema but enjoyable none the less. Frances McDormand was excellent as always. 6/10

Sex and the City

Flashy, shallow, all style and no substance, loved it and the shoes it tottered in on.

7/10

Tropic Thunder

Some laugh out loud moments, was distracted at the end but enjoyed what I saw

6/10

I have recently seen:

Miss Pettigrew Lives For A Day

Probably more suited to the theatre than the cinema but enjoyable none the less. Frances McDormand was excellent as always. 6/10

Sex and the City

Flashy, shallow, all style and no substance, loved it and the shoes and SJP trotted in it.

0/10

Tropic Thunder

No laugh out loud moments, was distracted at the end and hated what I saw

-6/10

Fixed it for you ;)

Yeah live here now. Peter Jackson's are away to film The Hobbit soon, so if anyone wants to be an extra, let me know. You must be very small, be a country bumpkin and have extremely hairy feet, even if you are female.

I expect half of Forfar/Montrose/Arbroath will be applying...

I'm more a Gandalf type. Carry a big wand!! :P