Walking Down The Halbeath Road

11 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Paul Burns, Paddy Boyle, Jason Thomson imo

The thought of those players playing in the top flight makes me feel ill. No fucking wonder we were relegated.

Deeply shocked and immensely saddened by this news this morning. Was fortunate to get to know Margaret in recent years, particularly on trips to watch Scotland, where she was always great company.

Her passion and energy for the Pars was immense and a huge figure at the club, be it as a director, as chair of the PST or in the Pars United campaign. Besides all that though, she was simply a lovely woman who always had a smile and time for a friendly chat.

My thoughts and condolences are with her family and friends. She'll be very sadly missed.

Didn't know her personally but a family member spoke to her every week in the pub or out and about. We were very fortunate that we had people like Margaret and others who stepped in and saved the club for very little reward.

They restored my faith in the club and reconnected it to the community again, we owe them so much. 

Already seen dozens of players - current and former - saying how she was an amazing woman and how much she helped them feel at home at the club. Sounds like she really was a genuinely lovely person to have around.

Always seen that over the years - looking after the waifs and strays like Falky and BRE. In such a male world (football) it was good to see that probably the most visible, public face of our club was a woman. Seems to have been a rock since the admin period and I hope the club can do something to honour her permanently. 

Never always agreed with her on things club related but she loved the club. She did her part during the dark days after being convinced to come onboard by Ross McArthur and others. She will be missed it'll be a hole at the club for some time to come.
RIP Margaret Ross.