Walking Down The Halbeath Road

18 minutes ago, Yankee_Dollar said:

I take that, they're the business owners so are they not liable? I invested my money in stocks and shares and my investment portfolio hit the rocks with me losing all my invested money, am I liable for the invested money I lost? Of course I am. Suppose business laws protect such circumstances like what DAFC fussball Inc or gbBh its called

Business are separate entities from the people/shareholders who own them. Any debts that are there will remain with the business but should in theory lower whatever price these German owners expect to recoup by selling. 

13 minutes ago, North West said:

Any Pars fan who didn't see any of this crap coming wasn't paying attention. Let's hope we get a similar backing and solidarity that saved us back in 2012/13.

At the time your club was brutal and shat on so many die hard investors, who suffered huge financial losses, and didn’t get a penny compensation. 

2 hours ago, Disco Duck said:

That’s not a question, it’s a statement.

This is the saddest thing about this statement - being denied the opportunity of a live  streamed fans question and answer event with the German owners, it would have been comedy gold. 

2 hours ago, raith1974 said:

How much is there 94% stake currently worth?

How much money have they invested and will they be looking to get that money plus shares back?

How much debt does the club have?

Who owns the training ground?

Will they look to sell Otoo for some quick cash.

All very worrying, certainly no money will be available for loans or to potentially sack a manager.

They don’t have a 94% stake. No idea where you’ve got that figure from.

The money they’ve invested was for the shares. So the return they’ll get is for the shares. There’s also the convertible loan notes. Would imagine they’ll be converted into shares prior to any deal.

Very little debt. Small loans and no more.

Civil service own the land and we have a long term lease.

No.

The statement literally says they’ve decided to make money available for the first team.

5 minutes ago, Blane Fonda said:

This is the saddest thing about this statement - being denied the opportunity of a live  streamed fans question and answer event with the German owners, it would have been comedy gold. 

The sad reality that the notion of investing in an Academy as a long term business plan is flawed . In Scotland to get your share of the best players you need to be an elite academy and be able to deal with the associated costs. Even if you invest to become elite then the best of your crop are always in danger of being enticed away by agents as soon as they turn 16 Even the  old firm are struggling with this reality. I’m therefore not sure that the German investors really understood the workings of the Scottish academy system and the probability of making a profit from it or naively believing they could have 4 or 5 home grown fifers playing in the championship. Sadly in todays market  it’s is a pipe dream. Much better to invest in a sound talent spotting system that can bring in oven ready players released from bigger clubs or find nuggets in the lowland league like falkirk & P thistle have. Dunfermline are about to embark on a critical period and they need to get it right with management and investors or the club be f**ked . Even as a falkirk fan I wouldn’t want that although a 2 nd division pars team full of fife academy kids would be fun to watch !

1 minute ago, Stainrod said:

The sad reality that the notion of investing in an Academy as a long term business plan is flawed . In Scotland to get your share of the best players you need to be an elite academy and be able to deal with the associated costs. Even if you invest to become elite then the best of your crop are always in danger of being enticed away by agents as soon as they turn 16 Even the  old firm are struggling with this reality. I’m therefore not sure that the German investors really understood the workings of the Scottish academy system and the probability of making a profit from it or naively believing they could have 4 or 5 home grown fifers playing in the championship. Sadly in todays market  it’s is a pipe dream. Much better to invest in a sound talent spotting system that can bring in oven ready players released from bigger clubs or find nuggets in the lowland league like falkirk & P thistle have. Dunfermline are about to embark on a critical period and they need to get it right with management and investors or the club be f**ked . Even as a falkirk fan I wouldn’t want that although a 2 nd division pars team full of fife academy kids would be fun to watch !

Decent post, lad. The academy for a club like ours will never ever work. It’s idealistic and a pipe dream 

4 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

They don’t have a 94% stake. No idea where you’ve got that figure from.

The money they’ve invested was for the shares. So the return they’ll get is for the shares. There’s also the convertible loan notes. Would imagine they’ll be converted into shares prior to any deal.

Very little debt. Small loans and no more.

Civil service own the land and we have a long term lease.

No.

The statement literally says they’ve decided to make money available for the first team.

Not sure where I read 94%, but I have seen that the initial investment was for 30%  then up there investment to 75%.

To be fair I never read the statement but I'd be a worried fan if it was my club.

23 minutes ago, Springfield said:

At the time your club was brutal and shat on so many die hard investors, who suffered huge financial losses, and didn’t get a penny compensation. 

I know it was brutal, I was there. I also personally know fans who lost substantial sums of their own money to that regime. Ironically they ended up being at the forefront of Pars Community, Pars United then ending up running the club. 

6 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Not sure where I read 94%, but I have seen that the initial investment was for 30%  then up there investment to 75%.

To be fair I never read the statement but I'd be a worried fan if it was my club.

So you read they can up their investment to 75% and then decided to say 94%. Things clearly are concerning as it is. No idea why you’re deliberately making up complete nonsense when there’s enough actual facts to laugh at us about.

Just now, Double Jack D said:

I assume there is still a shortfall expected this year too, who will be funding that?

Another projected substantial loss for 2024/25. Maybe near another mill.

24 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Are you advocating the 'Brentford model' here? 

4 hours ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

Looks like Livingston FCs favourite son Jim Leishman got it spectacularly wrong. Hes complicit it this comedy.

Screenshot_20240815_182120_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240815_182106_Chrome.jpg

But he guaranteed they were the real deal! He does have previous right enough 

2 hours ago, BPM said:

The envy. Aye we were all green as f**k 🤢. Deluded arseholes. Someone actually wrote this. Was it McPake himself?

IMG_8098.jpeg

If a season is marred by a series of poor results, it's pretty normal for the management team not to be considered adequate!

4 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

I was trying to be nice asking some questions rather than laughing my tits off at your clubs demise. 

Tbh, whoever you are, in reality nobody gives a flying f**k if do "laugh your tits off". Just another bawbag on the Internet.