Evil Neighbours Thread

In a current noise war with the Kingsway West retail park. There’s refurb work ongoing and they’ve been out creating all sort of construction related noise right through the night. They’ve even tried to “compensate” me with some whisky but they can f**k right off. Council are useless. Considering firebombing the place.

39 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

In a current noise war with the Kingsway West retail park. There’s refurb work ongoing and they’ve been out creating all sort of construction related noise right through the night. They’ve even tried to “compensate” me with some whisky but they can f**k right off. Council are useless. Considering firebombing the place.

Construction noise past a certain time is illegal I thought?

Actually depends on what they have applied for to the local council, they would then be allowed to work later, wouldn't think beyond 9pm though. 

52 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I'd have bargained for a bottle of rum and a crate of Guinness every week until completion tbh.  

Edited by thistledo

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

In the good old days you could have taken the whisky to the council and you would have had it sorted within the week. Possibly a new council house in Ardler multis too.

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Is the work being done to, how shall I put this, replace infererior concrete usage previously?

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

Construction noise past a certain time is illegal I thought?

Yes

32 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Is the work being done to, how shall I put this, replace infererior concrete usage previously?

No. SCS sofa refit so they can hawk their shitey couches.

1 hour ago, thistledo said:

Actually depends on what they have applied for to the local council, they would then be allowed to work later, wouldn't think beyond 9pm though. .  

I don’t think they applied for anything and they’ve been out the back using power saws starting up generators and a sorts at midnight, 3am, 5am etc .

Ive gone full Channel 5 documentary and have video evidence though.

Said on another thread that a neighbour is giving bother to an elderly resident.

Told him to get CCTV installed as they were getting fly tipped with rubbish in their garden.

Fucking arsehole is out with powertools almost every day. Pretty sure he has ADHD.

48 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Yes

No. SCS sofa refit so they can hawk their shitey couches.

I don’t think they applied for anything and they’ve been out the back using power saws starting up generators and a sorts at midnight, 3am, 5am etc .

Ive gone full Channel 5 documentary and have video evidence though.

You're quite close to Camperdown there, are you sure it's not noise from the construction of Dundee's new stadium?

Dog wars here.  Since we've had 'Oor Bert', the next door neighbour's German Shepherd goes bezerk whenever Bert's in the garden.  The latter clearly gets left out in the garden 90% of the time, the neighbours barely shut it up even if they're outside with it, and I feel bad for the other neighbours when it happens (think constant barking for 20 mins per time).  But... am I not also entitled to have some garden time in peace? 😒

1 minute ago, Hedgecutter said:

Dog wars here.  Since we've had 'Oor Bert', the next door neighbour's German Shepherd goes bezerk whenever Bert's in the garden.  The latter clearly gets left out in the garden 90% of the time, the neighbours barely shut it up even if they're outside with it, and I feel bad for the other neighbours when it happens (think constant barking for 20 mins per time).  But... am I not also entitled to have some garden time in peace? 😒

Post us a picture so we can judge…

I feel your pain with the dog situation, I have a neighbour that has a sausage dog and the thing is an utter arsehole, just barks constantly when I walk past his house, or goes berserk when left in the house alone for any length of time.

39 minutes ago, Davy the Dug said:

I feel your pain with the dog situation, I have a neighbour that has a sausage dog and the thing is an utter arsehole, just barks constantly when I walk past his house, or goes berserk when left in the house alone for any length of time.

A few years ago someone told me they had the same problem - he was a  night shift worker and the neighbour left his two dogs alone in the house all day where they barked constantly.  My advice was the next time the dogs were out in the garden, before the neighbour left, was to slip them some laxative chocolate.  He duly did this and when the neighbour returned home apparently the scenes were horrific and the dogs were shortly afterwards rehoused.

On 26/07/2024 at 19:42, Hedgecutter said:

My neighbours have one those big friendly wouldn't hurt a sole XL bully whom is out 90% time. Feel sorry for the animal.

1 hour ago, Davy the Dug said:

I have a sausage dog who can't go to the garden without telling the world her opinion.  She isn't too bad when left alone I don't think as she has the other two. But f**k me they are noisy wee shits and as much as I've come to love her. Never again and certainly not as an only dog. I have a water gun but its not had any long term impact on training it out of her.

@Rizzo she still not house broken either. 

On 26/07/2024 at 14:55, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Take a look here https://idoxwam.dundeecity.gov.uk/idoxpa-web/search.do?action=simple&searchType=ScottishBuildingWarrant and use this reference 24/00241/NDOM7

By the looks of that, the warrant hasn't been issued yet ( Alterations to retail store (Shop). Works include, strip out of building, new electrical and mechanical services including ventilation, heating and lighting. Fire-proofing of mezzanine floors. All new furnishings to the store including front facade colour change.

Ref. No: 24/00241/NDOM7 | Status: Pending Consideration ) so strictly speaking they shouldn't be working regardless of the hour, however as it's a retail premises you'd expect work to be done out of hours so it doesn't impact day trading as much as possible.  Still might be worth while contacting the council and environmental health if you've got a noise complaint.

Edited by greendot

On 18/07/2024 at 11:06, coprolite said:

My neighbours are so old they get orange stickers for their bins so the binmen come down their driveway and take the bins. Woke nonsense.

I can remember when bin men had to come round the back gardens to collect the bins, and carry them on their backs, binmen now don't know they're born.

On 18/07/2024 at 11:13, Melanius Mullarkey said:

No. Why do the bins need to sit next to the kerb? 

Because it’s a street and folk park their cars there. Bins next to the kerb mean folk can’t get out their cars. 

Cause the binmen are wasted and don't like walking more than they have to, you'll soon need to wait out with your bin for them coming, and hook the bin up and press the button to empty it yourself. Or take your rubbish to a tip as they'll scrap bin collections, you heard it here first.