Strange dreams

• 2 months later...

Have just had a really strange one right before waking up 10 minutes ago. I was near some buildings when a stranger came running up to me and asked me to help get his father out of the apartment (I could hear a fire alarm going off). So we climbed up stairs and into a room where a frail blind old man was calmly sitting on a chair waiting, I recognised him as Stevie Wonder (this is totally random, not heard anything of him for a long time nor thought about him nor heard any of his music being played recently) So I lifted him up and carried him out of the room but before I did I noticed his what would be a very very expensive hand carved piano.......but why was it shaped like a coffin?

For a few seconds as we decended the stairs we talked about our love for music, then typically as dreams go I got distracted by something else and he was gone...vanished. I searched and searched looking for him, but couldn't find him, then woke up.

Had a dream that I was on the back of a super bike and the person steering it lost control. 

We flew up a flight of stairs and about 100ft into the air GTA style and I woke up when I was falling back towards the unforgiving concrete below.

It was actually a really good dream until the end bit.

A couple of nights ago I dreamt that me, my gaffer and one of the apprentices at my work were about to have a knife fight because we'd all lost a bet. The loser had to drink a pint of that dip stuff from Who Framed Roger Rabbit, the stuff that kills toons. This would kill us as we were all toons, but not obvious, like Judge Doom before he goes mental.
The apprentice kept trying to worm his way out of it, saying he didn't technically lose the bet, then we all started arguing about what the dip was called, then I woke up.

On 25/07/2016 at 13:01, DA Baracus said:

Had a dream last night where I was chewing something that had a bit of gristle in it, so decided to bite down hard on it. This resulted in me biting my tongue hard and waking me up. Sleeping me seems to be a bit of a dick, as awake me certainly didn't appreciated the pain and (admittedly small amount of) blood.

I have done this quite a few times and it's a b*****d.

I've also found myself laughing myself awake a few times which is a strange experience.

Has anyone else managed to wake from a dream and found themselves pissed off given it was a good one but managed to fall asleep back into it? I've managed it quite a few times, I'm not sure if it's quite classified as 'lucid' but it's apparently quite rare to be able to do this.

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I've also found myself laughing myself awake a few times which is a strange experience.

Has anyone else managed to wake from a dream and found themselves pissed off given it was a good one but managed to fall asleep back into it? I've managed it quite a few times, I'm not sure if it's quite classified as 'lucid' but it's apparently quite rare to be able to do this.

I had a cracking dream one night, but woke up halfway through due to farting, and then when I went back to sleep every dream involved someone farting.

Sort of similar.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I had a cracking dream one night, but woke up halfway through due to farting, and then when I went back to sleep every dream involved someone farting.

Sort of similar.

Strangely enough, whenever I have one of those (admittedly rare) nights of restless sleep where you're just on the very edge of dozing for what feels like the whole night, I'm aware I'm dreaming and those dreams always, ALWAYS involve me being a politician sitting in the House of Commons and just sitting there going 'yaaaah' and 'rubbish' to things other folk say.

This isn't an isolated incident either and even if I wake up in the middle of the night for a pish and/or a drink of water and try and rationalise to myself in my semi-comatose state that this is madness and to drop the fucking politician dream shite.....nope, back to the horrible green leather seats for me as soon as my eyes are shut again.

9 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Yes, I've done this quite a bit. In fact did it last night.

For some reason I always have very detailed dreams, and lots of them, the day after I've been drinking.

I've had a quite a few dreams where I've made up a joke or heard a joke that's absolutely hilarious, killing myself laughing in the dream, everyone I tell it to loves it and I'm thinking to myself I must remember this joke, I must remember this joke.

When I wake up I remember the joke, which is either utterly dreadful or just makes no sense at all.

• 3 weeks later...

Last night I was part of a British Scouts vs Japanese Scouts war game that used live ammunition, killing a number of scouts (myself as a ~15 year old included).

This could have genuinely lasted hours (felt like it).  It took in our live ammo training in Scotland in which I lost a friend, an emergency passport renewal trip to Glasgow along with the trip down, a long wait for a Japanese visa appointment in their embassy, a meeting with the 9ft tall emperor of Japan who mocked me for only ordering a 3ft x 6ft mattress to put a sleeping bag on, war strategy training whilst over there and getting the side of my face torched and scarred in a screwed up "see, nothing to be scared of" flamethrower incident.  I had a 6-shot revolver with lame bullets whilst hundreds of Japanese broke through with machine gun fire, wounding me before one walked up and put a bullet in my head, waking me up at 6am.

4 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Last night I was part of a British Scouts vs Japanese Scouts war game that used live ammunition, killing a number of scouts (myself as a ~15 year old included).

This could have genuinely lasted hours (felt like it).  It took in our live ammo training in Scotland in which I lost a friend, an emergency passport renewal trip to Glasgow along with the trip down, a long wait for a Japanese visa appointment in their embassy, a meeting with the 9ft tall emperor of Japan who mocked me for only ordering a 3ft x 6ft mattress to put a sleeping bag on, war strategy training whilst over there and getting the side of my face torched and scarred in a screwed up "see, nothing to be scared of" flamethrower incident.  I had a 6-shot revolver with lame bullets whilst hundreds of Japanese broke through with machine gun fire, wounding me before one walked up and put a bullet in my head, waking me up at 6am.

Not exactly marquis of queensberry rules, waking you up at that hour.

Dreamt i opened a opened a fancy restaurant in the middle of a mucky scrap yard called " Bang Tidy Beef " Sign above the door was chopsticks with a wee bowl of beef and green peppers and the name in big white letters . Christ knows what was going on

I posted about this on here before but I had a dream that I bought an old derelict school in Edinburgh in partnership with Gary MacKay, the ex-Hearts player.  We had planned to develop it but to make some money I opened a kind of tuck shop thing in it.  Bad news was that I was an alcoholic and was drunk all the time.  I was working in the tuck shop when P&B poster Marshmallo joined the queue and started saying what a disgrace I was for being a drunk and that I'd never make a success of redeveloping the school.

I woke up actually relieved that I hadn't sunk all my money into a doomed property venture with Gary MacKay.

I have numerous dreams in which I'm driving a car. Or, since I can't drive, trying. I've been in a car once in my life, think I went round in a circle at 15 mph for about thirty seconds. I know the basic principles behind driving, I know how the pedals and the steering wheel work and although I'd probably destroy a gearbox quite quickly I get how it works. Whenever I'm in a car in my dreams I have no sense of co-ordination. The throttle is either on or off and I'm always going far too fast when I'm moving. The wheel is far too large and far too sensitive. Every movement I make throws the car wildly to the side and I'm terrified something horrible is going to happen.

Last night I dreamt I crashed Billy Connolly's car (which was blue) by trying to go through a gap that was too small while going off one of the exits from the Clyde Tunnel. The steering wheel was also on the left rather than the right.

About four months ago I started getting terrible nightmares, including the type where you're asleep, but you know you're asleep and you can't help but go along for the ride.

Absolutely terrifying. Ended up going to the Doctor as I was fearing going to sleep given how vivid and horrific my dreams were.