Depression

1 hour ago, 'WellDel said:

You're in the right place pal.

Like every other site on the Web there's bickering, arguing and general arseholery on here. Nature of the beast I suppose when fans of every club combine. If that's what you're after pull on your big boy pants and dive in. At the end of the day it's an anonymous forum so no-one knows who you are, and if you disagree? f**k 'em anyway lol.

This thread though, is a safe haven for those who are struggling to just vent or reach out, but also just lots of really decent folk open for a chat and some company if you need it. 

Thanks that's a classy post mate. I appreciate it 👍

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

This place is ideal for you then, other than that Partick fan thingie. In all seriousness, the General Nonsense forum is ideal for cracking the ice and feeling a little more connected. The more speciality forums, on particular sports or areas, are all great for finding a group of people with similar interests to exchange thoughts over. And the majority of people on here aren’t above exchanging thoughts, so go for it…jump on in and post your thoughts, just be ready to be chastised, belittled, abused and cheered, but (almost) all in a somewhat friendly manner.

Appreciated. Sorry about the partick thistle fingie 😂

27 minutes ago, Acastus said:

Appreciated. Sorry about the partick thistle fingie 😂

Just keep that thingie tucked away and we can all be friends…you whip it out, and it’s over the Championship forum for a beat down!

16 hours ago, Acastus said:

Soooo... I have no friends, bit of an introvert, have a good family but never had any proper friends since teenage years. Not begging for friends but it'd be cool to chat to some similar people, if there's any on here. 

Dropped you a PM mate, perhaps see you for a pint before a game some time. 

ETA: I'll apologise in advance for what passes for patter even before a few jars have been consumed. 

Edited by thistledo

18 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

You're in the right place pal.

Like every other site on the Web there's bickering, arguing and general arseholery on here. Nature of the beast I suppose when fans of every club combine. If that's what you're after pull on your big boy pants and dive in. At the end of the day it's an anonymous forum so no-one knows who you are, and if you disagree? f**k 'em anyway lol.

This thread though, is a safe haven for those who are struggling to just vent or reach out, but also just lots of really decent folk open for a chat and some company if you need it. 

No belittling, bullying or sarky answers on this thread.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't feel very good today.

It's going to sound silly but I have been getting good marks at university for the previous two years but found out I got a C for my last assignment which is my lowest mark yet. It's still a pass but it was a shiter to have broken my streak of Bs and As. It's a minor thing to be bothered about, I know.

I also randomly remembered something my ex-girlfriend used to do and that made me cry.

11 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

It's going to sound silly but I have been getting good marks at university for the previous two years but found out I got a C for my last assignment which is my lowest mark yet. It's still a pass but it was a shiter to have broken my streak of Bs and As. It's a minor thing to be bothered about, I know.

I also randomly remembered something my ex-girlfriend used to do and that made me cry.

Firstly these things happen. We’re only human and we can’t be perfect all the time. It sounds like you’re doing really really well with your Uni stuff and a small blip shouldn’t derail you. Use it as motivation for the next module or exam, try and turn it into a positive as hard as that is. If it annoys you today, tomorrow that’s also fine, but try not to let it fester and get you down long term as it really does sound like you’re smashing it so far and should rightly be proud of what you’ve achieved so far. 

As for the ex-girlfriend, that is harder. As someone going through the same thing recently it’s the little things that you don’t think will get to you. But again you’re only human, it’s fine to have emotions, if anything what you’ve done I’d healthier than stopping by yourself, there’s nothing to be gained by not being sad about things like that. I don’t know if my advice will help or it’s what you need, everyone is different, but if you’re wanting to chat to someone with no judgement then drop me a PM, happy to chat any time. 

But just remember, nothing you’ve posted is bad, far from it. We all have ups and downs, whether it be hourly, daily or longer term. 

32 minutes ago, Widge said:

Firstly these things happen. We’re only human and we can’t be perfect all the time. It sounds like you’re doing really really well with your Uni stuff and a small blip shouldn’t derail you. Use it as motivation for the next module or exam, try and turn it into a positive as hard as that is. If it annoys you today, tomorrow that’s also fine, but try not to let it fester and get you down long term as it really does sound like you’re smashing it so far and should rightly be proud of what you’ve achieved so far. 

As for the ex-girlfriend, that is harder. As someone going through the same thing recently it’s the little things that you don’t think will get to you. But again you’re only human, it’s fine to have emotions, if anything what you’ve done I’d healthier than stopping by yourself, there’s nothing to be gained by not being sad about things like that. I don’t know if my advice will help or it’s what you need, everyone is different, but if you’re wanting to chat to someone with no judgement then drop me a PM, happy to chat any time. 

But just remember, nothing you’ve posted is bad, far from it. We all have ups and downs, whether it be hourly, daily or longer term. 

It's not even really a blip, it's still a pass and has the same end product meaning that I passed the module and don't need to do it again. I just find it difficult to turn off the self-critical and perfectionist part of my brain. Most people would be happy with a C in an assignment. A C is a solid result.

There were a lot of things my ex-girlfriend said and did that brightened my day and made me smile. I do miss her.

4 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Stress of Uni & old feelings gettting dredged up isn't good.

Maybe just relax & focus on the studies.

I remember getting so fucking worked up I could barely filet a sea bass for my graded unit.

3 minutes ago, Venti said:

I remember getting so fucking worked up I could barely filet a sea bass for my graded unit.

I doubt I could skin any fish if my life depended on it.

10 minutes ago, Venti said:

Haha years ago I did professional cookery at college and made an absolute arse of a fillet. 

3 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Haha years ago I did professional cookery at college and made an absolute arse of a fillet. 

My point is that you might f12k things up. It's the stress that you could do without.

You're intelligent & will smash it.

2 minutes ago, Venti said:

My point is that you might f12k things up. It's the stress that you could do without.

You're intelligent & will smash it.

I didn't even f**k anything up. I still passed. I was just getting myself worked up about nothing. I got a lower mark for one assignment than I did in previous assignments. It happens. 

I have a critical voice in my head. I am usually quite good at keeping it quiet, but it has been loud today.

1 minute ago, Richey Edwards said:

I didn't even f**k anything up. I still passed. I was just getting myself worked up about nothing. I got a lower mark for one assignment than I did in previous assignments. It happens. 

I have a critical voice in my head. I am usually quite good at keeping it quiet, but it has been loud today.

Just DM me if things get on top of you.

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

Might be P-Boovy? In all seriousness, my daughter just had an AP exam today. She smashed the practice, but in this case she was so nervous she couldn’t even comprehend the first five questions. The sixth one made sense, so then at the end she went back to the first five and did them easily. Stress, nerves, worries, they can all play nasty games with confidence and abilities. A C isn’t the end of the world, it’s just a notice something in that module didn’t click quite as well as you hoped. Hopefully you got more than a grade/score, and can look at the stuff you missed and figure what slipped by you…it’ll just make you even better!

22 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Might be P-Boovy? In all seriousness, my daughter just had an AP exam today. She smashed the practice, but in this case she was so nervous she couldn’t even comprehend the first five questions. The sixth one made sense, so then at the end she went back to the first five and did them easily. Stress, nerves, worries, they can all play nasty games with confidence and abilities. A C isn’t the end of the world, it’s just a notice something in that module didn’t click quite as well as you hoped. Hopefully you got more than a grade/score, and can look at the stuff you missed and figure what slipped by you…it’ll just make you even better!

Yeah I got written feedback for it. Tbh I had a lot of things to do at the same time as that assignment so I was anxious to get it finished and out of the road. If I'd taken more time on each section of it I could have made it better.

I didn't enjoy writing that particular assignment either (and I'm a weirdo who likes writing things), so there's that as well.

It was still a pass, it just was not of the standard I usually get. It could have been worse though, at least I have never failed one yet.