Depression

Not sure if this is the best place but I need to let it out.

Yesterday was the 14th anniversary of my wife’s suicide in Scotland. Was doing ok.

Got to school this morning to be told one of my junior high students(effectively S2) killed himself earlier this morning. 
Im really struggling 

1 hour ago, Raidernation said:

Yesterday was the 14th anniversary of my wife’s suicide in Scotland. Was doing ok.

Got to school this morning to be told one of my junior high students(effectively S2) killed himself earlier this morning. 
Im really struggling 

Jesus mate, that’s terrible news…PM if you need to talk and I’ll send you my cell.

3 hours ago, Raidernation said:

Im really struggling 

That's horrible old and new news and my sympathies to you.

I hope you're able to muddle through your day and perhaps tomorrow will be the start of better days 

4 hours ago, Raidernation said:

Im really struggling 

Oh f**k!That is truly awful.I hope that you’re alright.I’m sorry about your wife and student neither of which would be easy on you. 

19 hours ago, Raidernation said:

Im really struggling 

Really sorry to hear that @Raidernationsuicide is a really hard thing to deal with, thinking of you

Really struggling at work just now. Got a promotion in November and despite my initial gut reaction being to turn it down as I couldn't see myself enjoying the job, I decided to give it a go and see how it went.

Six months down the line and my initial gut reaction was right. The job's shite, there's no enjoyment in it and seems to now be taking over my personal life. I know my old job hasn't been filled yet and I've asked to return there and take a drop in pay (it works out at roughly £65 per month) but my bosses are refusing. 

Tried to get a doctors appt this morning but need to wait until tomorrow to try again. 

My partner has been great in supporting me but I need to be careful not to drag her or our son down with me. 

I could honestly greet right now

18 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

Really struggling at work just now. Got a promotion in November and despite my initial gut reaction being to turn it down as I couldn't see myself enjoying the job, I decided to give it a go and see how it went.

Six months down the line and my initial gut reaction was right. The job's shite, there's no enjoyment in it and seems to now be taking over my personal life. I know my old job hasn't been filled yet and I've asked to return there and take a drop in pay (it works out at roughly £65 per month) but my bosses are refusing. 

Tried to get a doctors appt this morning but need to wait until tomorrow to try again. 

My partner has been great in supporting me but I need to be careful not to drag her or our son down with me. 

Here's hoping the doc can help you mate. 

Sorry for butting in amongst bigger issues but today is horrible. 

I'm a total flood of anxiety. I had quite a rough biweekly chat with my current boss who is completely unaware that she never gives praise to me. It's just always hit with the stick on things that I'm either inexperienced with, or I believe aren't even my fault. My job has lots of routine and I'm perfectly happy with that, but theres never been praise for being consistent. 

Also a cat sitter we are meant to be getting next weekend has been snippy as f**k because I didn't mention it was a public holiday on the day she leaves and we return. She's also left it last fucking minute to get accommodation for the night before we go which we said right at the start we need. Honestly feel like saying f**k the f**k off but at such short notice it's impossible to guarantee someone else. 

Yesterday I had a really good chat about a possible job move and I'm hoping that they offer something again after I declined late last year. I'm positive about it but it's another thing on my mind,  albeit positive. 

Fucking hate this anxious feeling in my stomach, it almost shuts me down from being able to be productive. 

21 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

Tell your boss that it’s having an impact on your health and you want to step back into the old job before it becomes too much. If they are too stupid to understand and read between the lines, then I hope your doctor signs you off for the foreseeable future while you deal with the stress it is causing.

On 15/05/2023 at 14:56, Raidernation said:

Im really struggling 

Day at a time, old pal, day at a time.

This, too, shall pass.

Edited by Jacksgranda

38 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

An honest discussion with the boss, explaining they are risking losing you completely if they can’t let you drop back to the old job might get a result, but does, of course, risk them deciding they’d an do without you. You know them better than us. Right now, you have to establish a priority for your personal life, and the work has to remain at work..if this results in the boss being unhappy with your performance, they already know what the problem is…again, a risk, but it’s your health. Either way, you have learnt a valuable lesson about how this boss treats employees and should consider what this means for you.

20 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Sorry for butting in amongst bigger issues but today is horrible. 

I'm a total flood of anxiety. I had quite a rough biweekly chat with my current boss who is completely unaware that she never gives praise to me. It's just always hit with the stick on things that I'm either inexperienced with, or I believe aren't even my fault. My job has lots of routine and I'm perfectly happy with that, but theres never been praise for being consistent. 

Also a cat sitter we are meant to be getting next weekend has been snippy as f**k because I didn't mention it was a public holiday on the day she leaves and we return. She's also left it last fucking minute to get accommodation for the night before we go which we said right at the start we need. Honestly feel like saying f**k the f**k off but at such short notice it's impossible to guarantee someone else. 

Yesterday I had a really good chat about a possible job move and I'm hoping that they offer something again after I declined late last year. I'm positive about it but it's another thing on my mind,  albeit positive. 

Fucking hate this anxious feeling in my stomach, it almost shuts me down from being able to be productive. 

Separate the issues and attack them that way. 1) Does this boss do this with her other employees? If so, a discussion with the boss to tell her you feel unvalued because she only points out deficiencies and never praises your normal work, and perhaps some other employees doing the same, might be an approach. If this has been done and she won’t change, can you approach HR? 2) The cat sitter is just that, a cat sitter. She’s apparently not good at listening to your description of the job, and will not be used again, but fulfills your needs right now. So deep breathe and be happy you’ve learnt of her issues on a short-term job.

14 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I had a Chinese and took my meds and feel better now.

Glad you're feeling better mate. Probably the MSG from the Chinese (j/k)

Get the City/Real game watched.

8 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I'm blowing up balloons atm.

Airdrie v Hamilton playoff game on BBC Alba just now, you can watch 22 of them run about a park for your amusement while you blow those ones up.

Glad you're feeling a bit better bud.

3 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

I currently have no notion to do anything, no motivation to do anything and no enjoyment from anything.

I am not even planning on watching or attending the playoff games.

I know the feeling however even forcing yourself to go for a short walk or giving yourself a small goal everyday and achieving it you’ll feel better from it. 

43 minutes ago, Lucyintheskywithdiamonds said:

I know the feeling however even forcing yourself to go for a short walk or giving yourself a small goal everyday and achieving it you’ll feel better from it. 

My mood varies wildly from feeling fantastic to feeling absolutely shite. I break out of it eventually.