NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

Damon Arnette giving Ruggs a run for his money in the game of “which Raiders 2020 first round pick will do the stupidest thing this week?”

I still give the edge to Ruggs but it’s a close run thing.

I see Arnette has now signed to the Dolphins practice squad. I wonder if he will last longer in Miami than Issiah Wilson.

TE TJ Hockenson done for the year after thumb surgery. The remaining TE options of Brock Wright, Shane Zylstra & Nick Eubanks are all rookies. Hunter Bryant & Charlie Taumoepeau have been on the NFI since before the season started.

59 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Looks like the NFL might be about to cave and postpone some games.

Undoubtedly the correct decision, but makes a bit of a mockery of them forcing the Broncos to trot out a WR at QB last season.

Supposedly going to rule that the Broncos broke the protocols last season but none of the teams here have.  

1 minute ago, Brummie Clyde said:

3 games called off this weekend

Browns-Raiders
Washington-Eagles
Seahawks-Rams

Seems the NFLPA pushed them to it, as not sure about the other teams, but only 2 of the 21 players in Washington were unvaxed.  

Browns moved to Monday while WFT/Eagles and Seahawks/Rams to Tuesday.

I know you probably think I’m going to rant that if it were the Raiders missing 20 players no way would the NFL postpone it.

Nope, I’m relieved. We’re going to lose by 40+ points anyway, might as well be to their strongest team.

(And we’ve been missing 53 players for the last 5 weeks or so anyway [emoji2959])

PS. No one else outed yet in the email scandal from Washington? Just Washington’s HC (oopsies I meant the Raiders HC)

Excuse my French, but they'd be fucking mad to start Glennon the rest of the way. You know exactly what he is, and more importantly what he isn't. At least with Fromm you might get a pleasant surprise, as unlikely as that might be, and even though the entire coaching staff and GM are looking at being binned, they wouldn't add any value to their CV's or legacy by stubbornly playing Glennon. One of the biggest responsibilities for coaches after winning games of football is developing and nurturing players, and even if you are facing being out on your ear, it's only decent to give a young player the opportunity to play when the consequences are essentially meaningless anyway. You have 4 games remaining, that's a decent sample size to get a look at the guy and perhaps figure out if he's worthwhile keeping around next year. They owe that to the fans and the incoming coaching staff at least.

Personally , between our total ineptitude and combined with the ridiculous calls by the officials and the NFL’s clear HATRED for the Raiders, we should just quit now and voluntarily concede all our remaining games.

Forever!

What’s best game to watch tonight then? Eagles v Washington seems like it could be the bigger one seeing as both them still have a chance and the seahawks are virtually out of contention? 

Although I’ve not posted in here at all I have loved this season. Although I have to admit the last 3 games I’ve watched have been up there with the poorest I’ve seen. Bears v Vikings, Raiders v Browns and then that Bucs 6-0 game. Incredibly shite

Still ‘supporting’ the Raiders loosely but I’ve kind of just grown into supporting individual players. Lamar Jackson and Aaron Rodgers especially.