Reasons to be Cheerful

Just got two bottles of Jim Beam Double Oak delivered by Tesco. Missed calls on phone and the driver claimed he'd been round already. Said hed swing back and did so within the allocated delivery time. No tip though!

Ordered a Christmas present on Amazon to one of the pickup lockers.  Was meant to arrive on Monday but no word.  Sent an email a couple of hours ago asking what was going on.

Amazon replied saying they'll look into it and as way of an apology they've extended my prime membership an extra month which will take me pretty much to Christmas next year - no paying for delivery at the worst time of the year!

They also state to wait a day or two for the parcel as it has been held up in transit.

1 hour later I get a text to say it's ready for collection :lol:

Edited by The Minertaur

16 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

A quine I had a one nighter with about 8 months ago looks quite heavily pregnant. I nervously text her today asking if it was anything to do with me, but apparently she's got another 4 months to go. Relief washed over me in an awesome wave.

That must've been a relief Sir Galahad.

Bit of time between flights at Gatwick, not quite long enough to go to Brighton as I usually do so found a random pub on Google maps and jumped in a taxi. Cracking place, big beer garden by a river and a good selection of beer. Ye Olde 6 Bells, about 5 minutes away.

From the North terminal.

5 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

That camouflaged mobile mast dressed up as a tree beside the Dunblane roundabout on the A9. It's brilliantly rubbish.

I used to point it out to the missus every time we drove by it and pretend I'd forgotten that I'd pointed it out on every other occasion. She used to go mental and say "You tell me that every time we drive by here".

It was some laugh, I wish you all could have been there.

9 hours ago, Dee Man said:

I used to point it out to the missus every time we drove by it and pretend I'd forgotten that I'd pointed it out on every other occasion. She used to go mental and say "You tell me that every time we drive by here".

It was some laugh, I wish you all could have been there.

I'm pretty sure my Dad did the same thing, every time without fail he used to point it out, we now just get in there first and point it out to him. I'm sure you'll all agree road trips with us are full of top drawer banter.

Edited by thomas