Reasons to be Cheerful

Just now, Salt n Vinegar said:

I think as in so many areas of life, size is important. (Cue Kenneth.)

I can't imagine anyone saying "my auntie is on Australia".

Yep.

I would never say my auntie is on Australia ( or even in Australia for that matter) as she's in Scotland.

On 29/06/2024 at 10:45, hk blues said:

Yep.

I would never say my auntie is on Australia ( or even in Australia for that matter) as she's in Scotland.

Same. 

58 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Enjoying some proper peaceful time round my holiday hotel pool, with my fellow Europeans, as all the tattooed zeppelins are away to get ready for an early dinner before the Engerlund game starts.

Oh gawd I'd forgotten that the forces of darkness were playing tonight.  Fast dinner then back to the balcony for a couple of beers, listening for the sounds of crushing disappointment and open rebellion from our southern neighbours.

Damn. They're going to walk it tonight, aren't they?

Had a great day.

Watched a good F1 race. Watched the England game (except the last 2 minutes). Get it up ye Southgate! Having a couple of beers. One week of work left. Started a new Patrick O'Brian book.

Just a chilled, fun day.

47 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Had a great day.

Watched a good F1 race. Watched the England game (except the last 2 minutes). Get it up ye Southgate! Having a couple of beers. One week of work left. Started a new Patrick O'Brian book.

Just a chilled, fun day.

Don't lie. 

10 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

On holiday and purchased a paddle board, great fun paddling round the harbour. Look forward to getting on a few lochs when I get home. 

Middle Class Scottish Things thread for this pish. 

18 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Enjoying some proper peaceful time round my holiday hotel pool, with my fellow Europeans, as all the tattooed zeppelins are away to get ready for an early dinner before the Engerlund game starts.

We decided to have an early dinner at the hotel so we could then watch the Spain game.  England going to extra time meant we didn’t have to put up with their fans; which was nice.

11 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

On holiday and purchased a paddle board, great fun paddling round the harbour. Look forward to getting on a few lochs when I get home. 

airplane luggage GIF

15 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

2 hours, 7 minutes to go until my summer holiday starts.

Excellent. Where are you and The Prof going?

• 2 weeks later...

After having a shite time of things over the last week or so I'm on the mend and spent the afternoon in the Academical Vaults in Hamilton.

All is right with the world.

2 hours ago, The Naitch said:

After having a shite time of things over the last week or so I'm on the mend and spent the afternoon in the Academical Vaults in Hamilton.

Best pint of Tennents in Hamilton so a fine choice for a connoisseur like yourself 

2 hours ago, The Naitch said:

The one reason I miss Hamilton being in the top league.

"Culture Day" at the kids'school today. They encourage the kids to wear something from their culture and spend all day doing fun stuff to celebrate the diversity. 

Must have seen about 20 different national flags, and even more different styles of dress. Silks and sparkly bits from south asia, fancy stitching from east europe, bold primary colour prints from Africa, even the locals with their 19th century peasant outfits looked smart. 

Great to see. 

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

"Culture Day" at the kids'school today. They encourage the kids to wear something from their culture and spend all day doing fun stuff to celebrate the diversity. 

Must have seen about 20 different national flags, and even more different styles of dress. Silks and sparkly bits from south asia, fancy stitching from east europe, bold primary colour prints from Africa, even the locals with their 19th century peasant outfits looked smart. 

Great to see. 

^^^ Definitely doesn’t live in Florida.