Reasons to be Cheerful

Straight out after work and had to wait on the pub being legally allowed to serve drink. Just been given a plate of sausage rolls to keep me quiete while the nephews decorate baubles and make cookies. Merry Christmas.

Reads more like something you'd expect to be passed between two "strangers" on a London park bench during the Cold War.

"I'm told the chicken is in the freezer."
"Indeed. The Good Lady requires a takeaway."
"Fancy going back to my place?"

Huge queues at the ATMs in town. Told they're all out of money because of the perennial nonsense that is Christmas.

I can't leave town until I pay my bill so was worried I'd be stranded for the next few days. Chanced my luck at the five star hotel and they have their own ATMs which the riff raff can't access.

I went to celebrate with a presumably expensive pint, only to discover it was the cheapest pint in town. 

One of those moments where a small victory turns a nightmare day into a celebration.

Got some friends round tonight for a wee Christmas get together. Had a couple of rounds of Cards Against Humanity and Joking Hazard (the Cyanide and Happiness card game). So much fun, not laughed like that in ages.

Definitely had more fun tonight than time with the family over the next few days promises.