The 50 Best Posters in P&B History

Marshmallo

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7. Jimmy85

What you said: “Funny, sarcastic poster.”

“Saves his best work for Twitter nowadays, but he was and still is a genuinely funny poster tbh. He can be genuinely offensive at times, but manages to pull it off without seeming like an arsehole.”

“Seems to have almost single-handledly upset every OF poster on the forum. Tremendous.”

“Good banter. Like his deadpan style.”

“My favourite poster. He always posts quality one-liners and his winding-up of Magee and other brain donors is superb.”

“rarely puts a foot wrong, a clever poster and WUM.”

Did he get any first places?: Yes, one

The poll: Jimmy was one of only two posters to secure votes in every single position from first to tenth. His nominations were as follows – first x1, second x2, third x1, fourth x1, fifth x1, sixth x1, seventh x2, eighth x1, ninth x2 and tenth x5. This meant he finished one point ahead of both Lexi Collector and craigkillie. He received seventeen votes in total, which was the fourth most individual votes in the entire poll (only the top three received more).

The poster: A concise yet hilariously funny poster, Jimmy85 is probably best known for things he hates. Top of that list would be the Celtic, Rangers, Sevco and Liverpool. His posts on these subjects are probably the main reason why he’s so high on the list, especially when combined with his humour.

Before I get into that though, I think it’d be best to first discuss what may be the simplest and best catchphrases/calling cards on P&B. I am of course referring to Jimmy’s artistic use of “tbh” and “imo”. No one else on this site uses them so effectively or with just fantastic regularity. Somehow he manages to add a great deal of humour with these simple abbreviations. I have adopted this in real life to the point that people as diverse as my old man, ex-girlfriends and cousins now use these turns of phrase in a similar fashion. None of us have quite managed to match the timing or style of Jimmy85, however.

Jimmy is not shy about calling out fuckwits on P&B. He does this with supporters of all clubs, but some of the best examples have been with supporters of Celtic and the two Rangers. He doesn’t mince his words when it comes to morons, but he is usually not a million miles away from the truth despite going slightly overboard at times. He inspires rage from certain idiots on the forum. One of my personal favourite rants he’s induced was magee flipping out when Jimmy suggested that magee taking his children to Celtic Park was horrendous parenting. Another classic example was when a blue bigot suggested that he hoped Jimmy died in his sleep (it takes a special poster to have such incredible physical harm wished on them). In Misc Other Football Jimmy has no hesitation in expressing his disgust for Liverpool FC. I think this sometimes goes slightly far at times but there’s no doubting that they are an absolutely vile football club with a stupidly large Scottish following from people who are trying to kid on they aren’t glory hunters. I also enjoy his views on Joe Hart and his occasional uncharacteristic errors.

In the divisional forums Jimmy is a pretty underrated poster. Throughout Dunfermline’s administration he’s been one of the fairest posters, and he’s criticised and admitted wrongdoing on behalf of the club when required. I admire the passion he has for his club, and I also admire the hatred he has for Masterton. He can read a game of football pretty well too, and his knowledge of the sport isn’t given the appreciation it deserves because of his posting style and his stellar work elsewhere. His comedy carries over well to General Nonsense too, where he has some cracking one liners.

Jimmy is one of my favourite posters on the forum. I follow him on Twitter as well and he’s fantastic on there too. We seem to hate a lot of the same things and we have good patter at times. Last Christmas day though I got a bit drunk and started firing some pretty harsh anti-Fifer abuse his way before the Falkirk-Dunfermline derby. He has never mentioned this since, which is may be because he’s forgotten or maybe he’s just too sound of a c**t. Some boy either way. I think the top ten is a fitting position for Jimmy. He’s great entertainment and he’s a bright guy who has some patter to him. Beyond some out and out mouth breathers almost everybody seems to appreciate him. There seems to be divisions in the posters on here but Jimmy’s appeal seems to cut across them IMO.

7. Jimmy85

What you said: “Funny, sarcastic poster.”

“Saves his best work for Twitter nowadays, but he was and still is a genuinely funny poster tbh. He can be genuinely offensive at times, but manages to pull it off without seeming like an arsehole.”

“Seems to have almost single-handledly upset every OF poster on the forum. Tremendous.”

“Good banter. Like his deadpan style.”

“My favourite poster. He always posts quality one-liners and his winding-up of Magee and other brain donors is superb.”

“rarely puts a foot wrong, a clever poster and WUM.”

Did he get any first places?: Yes, one

The poll: Jimmy was one of only two posters to secure votes in every single position from first to tenth. His nominations were as follows – first x1, second x2, third x1, fourth x1, fifth x1, sixth x1, seventh x2, eighth x1, ninth x2 and tenth x5. This meant he finished one point ahead of both Lexi Collector and craigkillie. He received seventeen votes in total, which was the fourth most individual votes in the entire poll (only the top three received more).

The poster: A concise yet hilariously funny poster, Jimmy85 is probably best known for things he hates. Top of that list would be the Celtic, Rangers, Sevco and Liverpool. His posts on these subjects are probably the main reason why he’s so high on the list, especially when combined with his humour.

Before I get into that though, I think it’d be best to first discuss what may be the simplest and best catchphrases/calling cards on P&B. I am of course referring to Jimmy’s artistic use of “tbh” and “imo”. No one else on this site uses them so effectively or with just fantastic regularity. Somehow he manages to add a great deal of humour with these simple abbreviations. I have adopted this in real life to the point that people as diverse as my old man, ex-girlfriends and cousins now use these turns of phrase in a similar fashion. None of us have quite managed to match the timing or style of Jimmy85, however.

Jimmy is not shy about calling out fuckwits on P&B. He does this with supporters of all clubs, but some of the best examples have been with supporters of Celtic and the two Rangers. He doesn’t mince his words when it comes to morons, but he is usually not a million miles away from the truth despite going slightly overboard at times. He inspires rage from certain idiots on the forum. One of my personal favourite rants he’s induced was magee flipping out when Jimmy suggested that magee taking his children to Celtic Park was horrendous parenting. Another classic example was when a blue bigot suggested that he hoped Jimmy died in his sleep (it takes a special poster to have such incredible physical harm wished on them). In Misc Other Football Jimmy has no hesitation in expressing his disgust for Liverpool FC. I think this sometimes goes slightly far at times but there’s no doubting that they are an absolutely vile football club with a stupidly large Scottish following from people who are trying to kid on they aren’t glory hunters. I also enjoy his views on Joe Hart and his occasional uncharacteristic errors.

In the divisional forums Jimmy is a pretty underrated poster. Throughout Dunfermline’s administration he’s been one of the fairest posters, and he’s criticised and admitted wrongdoing on behalf of the club when required. I admire the passion he has for his club, and I also admire the hatred he has for Masterton. He can read a game of football pretty well too, and his knowledge of the sport isn’t given the appreciation it deserves because of his posting style and his stellar work elsewhere. His comedy carries over well to General Nonsense too, where he has some cracking one liners.

Jimmy is one of my favourite posters on the forum. I follow him on Twitter as well and he’s fantastic on there too. We seem to hate a lot of the same things and we have good patter at times. Last Christmas day though I got a bit drunk and started firing some pretty harsh anti-Fifer abuse his way before the Falkirk-Dunfermline derby. He has never mentioned this since, which is may be because he’s forgotten or maybe he’s just too sound of a c**t. Some boy either way. I think the top ten is a fitting position for Jimmy. He’s great entertainment and he’s a bright guy who has some patter to him. Beyond some out and out mouth breathers almost everybody seems to appreciate him. There seems to be divisions in the posters on here but Jimmy’s appeal seems to cut across them IMO.

good poster.

He comes across as a bit of a child-killing paedo, tbh.

This. Every time we've posted in the same thread he's come across as a rage infested hate machine intent on killing everyone. Although I don't think he likes me, which might explain that.

Archived