The 50 Best Posters in P&B History

Marshmallo

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

..as do I. I may well have been joking.

I hope you were. I like it when you're in a mood for jokes, means its a "good" day

I think Marshmallow's done a fine job thus far. However, given that he's a bad egg with poor concentration and a lazy eye I'm expecting the list to be diminishing returns very soon.

Thanks Graham, always a positive to receive praise from a man of such great life experience as yourself. I'll take your second sentence in the razor sharp humour in which I'm sure it was intended!

N/A Removed. magee84

Reputation: I’m unable to view this for some reason. I’ll take a stab at it being a negative number in the region of 200. If I’m wrong then I apologise whole heartedly.

What you said: “Threads were usually entertaining when he was involved.”

Did he get any first places?: Yes, one

The poll: Three votes for magee – a first, a fourth and an eighth. He’s the fifth highest poster to receive just three votes.

The poster: A man who is sure to divide opinions. Named after a terrorist attack (despite his protestations otherwise) and full of some of the most extreme bullshit these forums have ever witnessed, but, as the voter above stated, magee84 in a thread usually meant it was entertaining.

His original account didn’t last long, but he quickly racked up a huge number of posts and built a name for himself. Old Firm fans get a really rough time on here, and magee was no different. An early highlight was his meltdown against Jimmy85, who for suggested that taking his son to Celtic Park was poor parenting (I can’t remember the exact wording and I don’t want to slander anyone). He got used to the wind ups fairly quickly, but he still took a power of abuse – some merited and some way over the top in my opinion. In one debate he posted a photo of himself. I am unsure of the context, but the photo still makes an appearance from time to time.

The bullshit was another of magee’s calling cards. Examples include: claiming a Celtic supporter inside Celtic Park chastised a fellow fan for booing Henrik Larsson, as Henrik had cured his depression; someone he knew or had seen catching a mobile phone thrown from the opposition, then proceeding to use the phone to call premium rate numbers; and a huge assortment of boasts about shagging his wife. These are still referenced today, and I’d imagine this will continue for a while. I personally find them superb, highly amusing stuff.

I thought magee was improving as a poster as time went on – he had some decent patter at times and was cutting out the stories about intercourse. Fair play to the guy because the pack mentality at times was shocking. One particular example that sticks in my mind is when he posted a thread about having a meal in a pub/restaurant with his family and he got torn to shreds. It wasn’t really necessary and was pretty nasty. I can’t remember what happened that led to his ban, but that was where the real fun began.

Magee is now famous for continually registering alias accounts. The amount of time that these accounts last for varies, depending on how long he can keep his head down. It’s pretty sad, but I don’t see the point in banning him repeatedly if he’s just going to keep coming back. He’s pretty harmless as a poster regardless of what people’s opinions are on him. I’m not sure what his latest alias is, but I’m sure there will be at least one on the go. Recently magee has also been spotted on another Scottish football forum copying the patter of some of P&B’s finest. If you haven’t seen it it’s worth a look, it’ll be one of the most tragic things you’ll read. Some would say it’s almost as tragic as his time he phoned the “P&B Hotline”.

I personally think magee is worthy of a place on this list for the volume and entertainment he’s given since he joined the site (and re-joined, and re-joined again, and then re-joined again). The username isn’t cool though.

I made the mistake of joining and posting my early stuff on the forum whilst i was drinking heavily and got into A LOT of arguments with guys.

I didnt 'get' pie and bovril at first and took the slaggings etc too personally, getting into online spats with a lot of guys which i genuinely regret.

I actually think in hindsight guys like Jimmy85 & Sergeant Wilson are actually really sound guys and great posters and wish i hadnt took their humour the wrong way, for that i apologise fellas and anyone else i may have noised up or offended

By the way this other website im meant to be on is a total mystery to me, theres also some c**t on kickback called magee fae p&b !!!!!!

Its either a tribute act or a stalker, clearly though i made some sort of impact on here though eh? :P

Anyway can you ban me now Keith, im away for a naked jacuzzi with linkin fighter and gareth glasgow. ;)

I made the mistake of joining and posting my early stuff on the forum whilst i was drinking heavily and got into A LOT of arguments with guys.

I didnt 'get' pie and bovril at first and took the slaggings etc too personally, getting into online spats with a lot of guys which i genuinely regret.

I actually think in hindsight guys like Jimmy85 & Sergeant Wilson are actually really sound guys and great posters and wish i hadnt took their humour the wrong way, for that i apologise fellas and anyone else i may have noised up or offended

By the way this other website im meant to be on is a total mystery to me, theres also some c**t on kickback called magee fae p&b !!!!!!

Its either a tribute act or a stalker, clearly though i made some sort of impact on here though eh? :P

Anyway can you ban me now Keith, im away for a naked jacuzzi with linkin fighter and gareth glasgow. ;)

f**k the f**k off.

Not a bloody chance.

Archived