Ryan Gauld

DjembaDjemba

33 minutes ago, Binos said:

He's coming onto a game

He's as much right to a place in the squad, as a john fleck for instance

He's close, if he keeps playing and scoring he can't be far away. Great to see him doing well finally, he deserves it. I think fans maybe forget that, for a young guy he's been through a lot so he deserves the success he's having now.

He's close, if he keeps playing and scoring he can't be far away. Great to see him doing well finally, he deserves it. I think fans maybe forget that, for a young guy he's been through a lot so he deserves the success he's having now.
He's not close at all. He should be nailed on. He also brings great leadership attributes too

He's not close at all. He should be nailed on. He also brings great leadership attributes too
Nailed on for the Euros squad (feels great to even be having this debate)?

It'd be really harsh on any of the current squad to make way for him, and if it's a 23 man squad for the finals then it'd be even tougher.

I would be well up for having him in the WC qualifiers tho, to give him a shot at playing his way in. Not sure if that's what you were meaning.

Just now, Gordopolis said:

It'd be really harsh on any of the current squad to make way for him, and if it's a 23 man squad for the finals then it'd be even tougher.

I would be well up for having him in the WC qualifiers tho, to give him a shot at playing his way in. Not sure if that's what you were meaning.

He should certainly be in the mix for it.

Go on then, name your 23 man squad if the euros were tomorrow. 

Basing it on were playing the 532.

It will be good to start an argument at the very least.

Thats If you have the time, obviously you and pep have your sexy talk to be getting on with as well.

Thats If you have the time, obviously you and pep have your sexy talk to be getting on with as well.
He would be absolutely perfect in the Fraser/Armstrong role, he can also cover in centre mid. I'd have him in

Just now, John Lambies Doos said:
Just now, BingMcCrosby said:

He would be absolutely perfect in the Fraser/Armstrong role, he can also cover in centre mid. I'd have him in

Let's see it then, you name the squad too. 23 guys 3 keepers.

Ill criticise it.

I reckon SC's 23 man squad will be this, with a bias for safe/conservative choices (and where I differ I've added my comments):

Marshall
Gordon
McRorie

Robertson
Tierney
Palmer
O'Donnell
McKenna
Gallagher
McTominay
Cooper
Hanley

Jack
McGregor
McGinn
McLean
Armstrong
Fraser
Forrest
Christie

Dykes
Griffiths
Nisbet*

Standby:

McLaughlin

Considine
Hickey

Gilmour (I'd have him in the squad but can't see Clarke taking this risk - simply because Jack has done the business for him)

Gauld
Fleck
Turnbull

Burke
McBurnie
Shankland* (hard to see Shankland clinging on tbh - he's hardly set the heather alight in his few international appearances so far and Nisbet is outscoring and outperforming him fairly comfortably at domestic level this season so far).

Outliers (in case if emergency or if they have a change of heart re which country to represent):

Ashby

L Ferguson
Robbie McRorie

Mikey Johnson
Horn(s)by
Che Adams

P.S. I'm off to the P&B sauna now. There's room for everyone...

P.P.S. Now let's see yours, Bing (your 23 man squad, that is)

1 hour ago, Gordopolis said:

Would it though

Someone like fleck, or any of the sheff u players, in awful form

16 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

I reckon SC's 23 man squad will be this, with a bias for safe/conservative choices (and where I differ I've added my comments):

Marshall
Gordon
McRorie

Robertson
Tierney
Palmer
O'Donnell
McKenna
Gallagher
McTominay
Cooper
Hanley

Jack
McGregor
McGinn
McLean
Armstrong
Fraser
Forrest
Christie

Dykes
Griffiths
Nisbet*

Standby:

McLaughlin

Considine
Hickey

Gilmour (I'd have him in the squad but can't see Clarke taking this risk - simply because Jack has done the business for him)

Gauld
Fleck
Turnbull

Burke
McBurnie
Shankland* (hard to see Shankland clinging on tbh - he's hardly set the heather alight in his few international appearances so far and Nisbet is outscoring and outperforming him fairly comfortably at domestic level this season so far).

Outliers (in case if emergency or if they have a change of heart re which country to represent):

Ashby

L Ferguson
Robbie McRorie

Mikey Johnson
Horn(s)by
Che Adams

P.S. I'm off to the P&B sauna now. There's room for everyone...

P.P.S. Now let's see yours, Bing (your 23 man squad, that is)

Picking mcrorie over McLaughlin is mental

It's a choice for the future. How likely is it that the 3rd keeper will play anyway? McLaughlin might have an Indian summer and get a handful of caps for Scotland but he'll never be as good as Marshall or Gordon. McRorie at least has time on his side to try to achieve that. Indeed, he's clearly being prepped to be Rangers new no 1.

1 minute ago, Gordopolis said:
6 minutes ago, Binos said:

It's a choice for the future. How likely is it that the 3rd keeper will play anyway? McLaughlin might have an Indian summer and get a handful of caps for Scotland but he'll never be as good as Marshall or Gordon. McRorie at least has time on his side to try to achieve that. Indeed, he's clearly being prepped to be Rangers new no 1.

I think he should be above Gordon in pecking order