Ryan Gauld

DjembaDjemba

3 hours ago, Binos said:

Ryan Christie can play no 10, anyway John McGinn is currently nearest to that role and will not be moved

Gauld would have to move mountains to shift him from the starting 11

Fair enough , but he could be in the squad , or close to it

5 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I think Ryan would be deeply offended by saying he came from Farfar or Arbroath :lol:

Same neck of the woods tbf. Played for Brechin Boys Club growing up.

Edited by Bonksy+HisChristianParade

40 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Never heard of it.  No chance that's a real place.

Think Souttars and Gaulds dads both played for Luthermuir in the Amateurs - think I played against both

McKenna from Kirriemuir if I recall correctly

• 3 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Gauld scored a penalty today. Farense then got another penalty which someone else took; this was missed and they went on to concede a 98th minute equaliser and miss out on their first win.

You must be mistaken mate this sort of of stuff ONLY EVER HAPPENS IN THE EPL.

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:
6 hours ago, craigkillie said:
The guy who took the second one came on as a sub after the first was scored, so maybe he's their regular penalty taker.

Dunno, cause Gauld took the one couple of weeks ago and missed. Think Gauld is their penalty taker

He took two actually, missed, it was ordered to be retaken, missed again.  Then he took the corner from that and they scored so he got an assist.  He's clearly the main man there, which is good. 

I would hope he can help them stay up this season, and maybe spend next season there too.  He could leave in the summer but I think another season as the main man playing every week in a top flight team would be great for him.

Then he'd be 26, fluent in Portugese, a full international most likely, and a very attractive option available free or cheap with modest wage demands.  I could see half that league being after him.

He took two actually, missed, it was ordered to be retaken, missed again.  Then he took the corner from that and they scored so he got an assist.  He's clearly the main man there, which is good. 
I would hope he can help them stay up this season, and maybe spend next season there too.  He could leave in the summer but I think another season as the main man playing every week in a top flight team would be great for him.
Then he'd be 26, fluent in Portugese, a full international most likely, and a very attractive option available free or cheap with modest wage demands.  I could see half that league being after him.
Agree, he's definitely their main guy, might go to a Braga or Boavista type team next season if Farense go down

16 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
1 hour ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Agree, he's definitely their main guy, might go to a Braga or Boavista type team next season if Farense go down

Aye I think that's the sort of thing he should be aiming at and is well capable of.