Ryan Gauld

DjembaDjemba

2 hours ago, Detournement said:

Coyne was the top scorer in the country with three different clubs (Dundee, Celtic, Motherwell).

Coyne was a far better player than John McGinlay, Duncan Shearer, Scott Booth and Eoin Jess who were all capped around the time he was top scorer.

Brown and Roxburgh's loyalty to a lot of pish Aberdeen players was mystifying. The three above plus Brian Irvine and McKimmie  and later Leighton when he was chosen in 98 over Goram.

Get ready for a simple explanation why Leighton was chosen for 98

40 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
2 hours ago, Detournement said:
Coyne was the top scorer in the country with three different clubs (Dundee, Celtic, Motherwell).
Coyne was a far better player than John McGinlay, Duncan Shearer, Scott Booth and Eoin Jess who were all capped around the time he was top scorer.
Brown and Roxburgh's loyalty to a lot of pish Aberdeen players was mystifying. The three above plus Brian Irvine and McKimmie  and later Leighton when he was chosen in 98 over Goram.

Your last shred of credibility has slipped away based on that post.

Absolutely

6 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Please shut up.  McCarthy was literally recovering from TWO AND A HALF FUCKING YEARS injured and was being eased back in, he's really just hitting full fitness right now.  He's been a better player than McArthur his entire career and this isn't the first club they've both been at, he was in front of McArthur there too.

Please shut up? 😂🤦‍♂️

Is he still getting eased back in now? After a full season where he was available for every game? Righty ho!

This season. McCarthy subbed off in both games. McArthur, despite turning 33 next month playing the full 90.

17 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

That's cause they're little people.  Do you think Ferguson would have shat out of it like those fannies.

Depends what your definition of " big personality " is. 

Edited by ewan14

2 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Please shut up? 😂🤦‍♂️

Is he still getting eased back in now? After a full season where he was available for every game? Righty ho!

This season. McCarthy subbed off in both games. McArthur, despite turning 33 next month playing the full 90.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/republic-ireland-injury-worry-james-22577731

You're an idiot.

33 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

but

Leighton was absolutely fine as a keeper and had had performed perfectly well during qualifying, including a brilliant display at home vs Sweden.

The latter part is very true but if you wanted to rely on one of them it would have to be Goram

1 hour ago, ewan14 said:

The latter part is very true but if you wanted to rely on one of them it would have to be Goram

Isn’t that why Goram only had the 43 caps though? Despite his obvious talent his antics made him unreliable.

Edited by Rodhull
Fucking autocorrect

7 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

I think everyone is clearly in violent agreement that McArthur > McCarthy

I think there both very different players tbh. If you were a manager and given the choice of the 2. I'd probably go with McArther. Just cos he's more likely to be fit.

But in a pure footballing sense I'd put McCarthy above McArther. That's despite me thinking he's and absolute tit for choosing to play for Ireland.

Ffs, if you lads want to discuss (or be shouted at about by a guy whose debate tactics are "you're stupid and I'm clever so shut up") an Irish international who is barely playing for his club, kindly start a thread about it. I clicked on this thread hoping for news of goals, transfer activity or Gordopolis speculating on Gauld's promising hospitality career only to find our resident moonhowler winding people in with some pretty decent trolling tbf.

18 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

^looked at his Wikipedia page while waiting for Condoleeza Rice to putt.

14 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Here's McCarthy's career stats.  There's one big obvious bit that jumps out at you, see if you can work out which bit  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_McCarthy_(footballer)

Told you

4 hours ago, velo army said:

Ffs, if you lads want to discuss (or be shouted at about by a guy whose debate tactics are "you're stupid and I'm clever so shut up") an Irish international who is barely playing for his club, kindly start a thread about it. I clicked on this thread hoping for news of goals, transfer activity or Gordopolis speculating on Gauld's promising hospitality career only to find our resident moonhowler winding people in with some pretty decent trolling tbf.

Erm he plays every week for his club, as he did last season too.  Just FYI.