Ryan Gauld

DjembaDjemba

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Absolutely, look how panicky our forward players get and how always the opposition are technically superior to us.  Well Gauld is technically superior to most of our players too, he will play for Scotland soon.  

I think I'll enjoy Gauld's debut more than any other player. The stick he's taken from people on here and cunty journalists over his career has been wild, it'll be great to watch him shut up c***s like Gordon Parks.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

I think I'll enjoy Gauld's debut more than any other player. The stick he's taken from people on here and cunty journalists over his career has been wild, it'll be great to watch him shut up c***s like Gordon Parks.

Definitely.  He's a class act, and technically on a different level to almost all of our players.

He just needed some time to get his confidence back and play regularly at a good level in his correct position. He is getting moved around for Farense but always an attacking role. He spent a few years as a deep-lying playmaker after he got there and it didn't help him at all.

He is now playing every week at a good level, is the main man there and has to take responsibility within a team that is competing for something, in this case to stay up last season to get promoted.  That's fantastic experience for him and he's doing well.  Still young enough to have a decent Scotland career, turns 25 next month.  Has actually played about 200 games too so not inexperienced.  

He is out of contract in the summer I think, with a one year option. He is doing well in the top flight now, hopefully he can help them stay up and have one more year as a first choice in the top flight, then he'd be 26 and a very attractive option for a lot of decent clubs under freedom of contract.  Or if they go down he will get good offers next summer. 

You assume he wants to stay in Portugal, he could easily end up at a decent club there playing regularly and would be a Scotland squad regular at that point and getting lots of game time. I think there would be an outside chance he is in the squad in March, if not next season if fit and playing regularly he'll definitely be in a couple of squads.

On 20/11/2020 at 13:16, The Moonster said:

Yup.

Weird how folk forget that Gauld was by far the stand-out player in the United team which featured Robertson and Armstrong among others.

On 20/11/2020 at 13:16, The Moonster said:

and Dryhorse

Yup.

Weird how folk forget that Gauld was by far the stand-out player in the United team which featured Robertson and Armstrong among others.

Dunno about that. I remember him as being one of a stellar looking group: Robertson, Gauld, Armstrong and Souttar (J). Gauld was probably the most exciting because of his position and style of play, but I don't think he was by far the stand out of that group.

That's all by the by. It'd be great to see him earn and get a cap - assuming he can get time off from Burger King [emoji846]

2 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

Dunno about that. I remember him as being one of a stellar looking group: Robertson, Gauld, Armstrong and Souttar (J). Gauld was probably the most exciting because of his position and style of play, but I don't think he was by far the stand out of that group.

That's all by the by. It'd be great to see him earn and get a cap - assuming he can get time off from Burger King emoji846.png

He was definitely the stand out player of that lot, that's why he was the one that got the three million move to Sporting Lisbon.  Tbf Robertson went to Hull for the same but Gauld's move was a lot more glamorous.