Have I got Local News For You

Tryfield

Just now, hk blues said:

Facts you made up thread for this pish

Facts Seth Godin made up thread for that pish perhaps. Even if he's out by an order of magnitude it doesn't change the fact that petrol leaf blowers are a highly polluting, unnecessary vanity tool.

I don't drive, but I (largely) have no problem with their using cars. Leaf blowers can GTF though. Just hand your child a rake and tell them you expect better than a B on their geography homework FFS.

6 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Facts Seth Godin made up thread for that pish perhaps. Even if he's out by an order of magnitude it doesn't change the fact that petrol leaf blowers are a highly polluting, unnecessary vanity tool.

I don't drive, but I (largely) have no problem with their using cars. Leaf blowers can GTF though. Just hand your child a rake and tell them you expect better than a B on their geography homework FFS.

Maybe they can weld a leaf blower onto the front of cars and kill 2 birds with 1 stone.  It's not a new idea apparently.

image.png.666616d302805e280b42c5fbc186ca06.png

16 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

To be fair, one hour of leaf blowing is equivalent to a typical petrol car driving 3,000 miles. There's no need for them.

Absolute claptrap. Post your source, as this particular “argument” has been debunked hundreds of times. That being said, why not put those migrants to work raking leaves…

23 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

To be fair, one hour of leaf blowing is equivalent to a typical petrol car driving 3,000 miles. There's no need for them.

Lol, the consumption of a high powered leaf blower as used by Councils is roughly a litre and a half per hour. 3k miles on 1.5l that's some motor.

Giant dinosaur head on roof saved from extinction - BBC News

image.png.6b44475a04c47400cf519735f116b0db.png

A giant dinosaur head at the centre of a local row in a Scottish seaside village has been allowed to remain. The light up sculpture was installed above an antiques shop in Cullen, Moray, last year.

Owner John Webb had a retrospective planning application refused as it was not in keeping with the area’s traditional appearance. But Moray Council's local review body has voted, by five votes to three, that its benefit to the village outweighs any negative impact.

Local review body chairman Marc Macrae said: “The dinosaur brings people from near and far, and kids come from Inverness to see it. “Local shops and local hotels are very much in support." Councillor Derek Ross added: “I think many of us here have been accused of being dinosaurs. “I’m giving a thumbs up to something I think will be an asset to the local community.”

But councillor Juli Harris said: "Surely something like a dinosaur head plonked on a building that is in disrepair does nothing to enhance the area?”

5 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Giant dinosaur head on roof saved from extinction - BBC News

image.png.6b44475a04c47400cf519735f116b0db.png

A giant dinosaur head at the centre of a local row in a Scottish seaside village has been allowed to remain. The light up sculpture was installed above an antiques shop in Cullen, Moray, last year.

Owner John Webb had a retrospective planning application refused as it was not in keeping with the area’s traditional appearance. But Moray Council's local review body has voted, by five votes to three, that its benefit to the village outweighs any negative impact.

Local review body chairman Marc Macrae said: “The dinosaur brings people from near and far, and kids come from Inverness to see it. “Local shops and local hotels are very much in support." Councillor Derek Ross added: “I think many of us here have been accused of being dinosaurs. “I’m giving a thumbs up to something I think will be an asset to the local community.”

But councillor Juli Harris said: "Surely something like a dinosaur head plonked on a building that is in disrepair does nothing to enhance the area?”

Absolute 5 star local news. Councillor Juli 😂

10 hours ago, TxRover said:

So your own cherry picked test admits the automobile is infinitely worse than the lawn equipment, depending on the test you look at?

If by cherry-picked you mean literally the first one I found when googling, then sure, if that pleases you.

I've no idea why you're so staunchly defending leaf blowers. Do you work for a leaf blower company, or are you just some combination of supremely lazy and uncaring about the environment?

I'd love to see your cherry-picked study showing the benefits of leaf blowers.

1 hour ago, Swarley said:

Does P&BGPT dream of electric sheep?

Electric referees being punched…

4 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

If by cherry-picked you mean literally the first one I found when googling, then sure, if that pleases you.

I've no idea why you're so staunchly defending leaf blowers. Do you work for a leaf blower company, or are you just some combination of supremely lazy and uncaring about the environment?

I'd love to see your cherry-picked study showing the benefits of leaf blowers.

Glad to hear you’d love to hear it. So you took one study, 12 years ago, of four engines and generalized that into “the word”. Are you, per chance, a qualified historian?

8 hours ago, TxRover said:

Electric referees being punched…

Glad to hear you’d love to hear it. So you took one study, 12 years ago, of four engines and generalized that into “the word”. Are you, per chance, a qualified historian?

That's not how I would spell generalised 🤐