Have I got Local News For You

Tryfield

On 03/07/2023 at 21:21, The Master said:

IMG_4934.thumb.jpeg.c293232235ee1fc39c3c9d0b8b9f7c32.jpeg

Have any P&Bers felt “outraged” at out of date bus timetables? 

No, but I was fucking furious with LRT when, in early May, they replaced every single bus stop timetable with new, amended versions for times which only came into effect on the 28th May.

Still, I'm probably spitting feathers over nothing since their timetables are absolute fantasy regardless, and it's sheer pot luck if an LRT bus appears when it's supposed to.

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/07/2023 at 00:12, Boo Khaki said:

No, but I was fucking furious with LRT when, in early May, they replaced every single bus stop timetable with new, amended versions for times which only came into effect on the 28th May.

Still, I'm probably spitting feathers over nothing since their timetables are absolute fantasy regardless, and it's sheer pot luck if an LRT bus appears when it's supposed to.

WTF is this 'LRT' shite you keep referring to ?

Would I be correct in assuming this is 'Lothian Regional Transport' which ceased to exist in 2000 ?

C'mon man, join the 21st century.

😊😇

Not local per se as it's currently on the landing page on BBC News, but one that's local to me geographically at least:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-66421163

Iconic pub in an iconic building, recently sold contrary to months of local campaigning, burns down within days of the new buyer's purchase, amidst plans to repurpose the site. Hmmm...

21 hours ago, southernrover said:

Not local per se as it's currently on the landing page on BBC News, but one that's local to me geographically at least:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-66421163

Iconic pub in an iconic building, recently sold contrary to months of local campaigning, burns down within days of the new buyer's purchase, amidst plans to repurpose the site. Hmmm...

disperse-lesley-nielsen.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

More drama from Elgin:

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/moray/6151144/elgin-roundabout-marriage-proposal/

Screenshot_20230915-123847.png.c532f587ecc983b7f09dc5f4c93a3de9.png

Bedsheets with spray painted messages wishing people happy birthday are almost an everyday occurrence at the Edgar Road and Linkwood Road roundabout.

However, a series of signs this week has left people intrigued – and keen for closure about what has actually happened.

Two signs appeared next to each other on the Edgar Road roundabout yesterday afternoon.

The first is from a mystery romantic asking a woman called Rachel to marry them.

However, the proposal is immediately rejected in dramatic style.

A neighbouring sign reads: “No! You slept with my brother.”

Edited by Hedgecutter

On the bus through to Methil, passing Cupar, and there appears to be some kind of festival on the go. 

Folk sporting mediaval costumes, birds of prey enthusiasts, funfair rides, a pipe band*, army recruitment c***s, ice cream van, candy floss stall, some kind of cooking display. But there was next to nobody there apart from these assorted weirdos. 

And there's rain forecast for later. 

*Edit - nothing wrong with pipe bands

Edited by Cosmic Joe