Have I got Local News For You

Tryfield

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

Beechgrove enthusiast gets huckled for getting his Jim McColl’s out

IMG_3367.thumb.jpeg.9256834be492b693626759104875e074.jpeg

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/11300376/pensioner-no-underwear-gardening-exposed-neighbours-borders/

Someone dobbed him for getting his dibber out.

5 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

Beechgrove enthusiast gets huckled for getting his Jim McColl’s out

IMG_3367.thumb.jpeg.9256834be492b693626759104875e074.jpeg

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/11300376/pensioner-no-underwear-gardening-exposed-neighbours-borders/

How are they defining a “short kilt” here? Will we be seeing the polis having lads stand up straight, arms at side and checking to see the kilt is at least fingertip length? If it was the lassie on page three in a short skirt and no underwear, would the complaint have been made? Sexism!

8 hours ago, TxRover said:

How are they defining a “short kilt” here? Will we be seeing the polis having lads stand up straight, arms at side and checking to see the kilt is at least fingertip length? If it was the lassie on page three in a short skirt and no underwear, would the complaint have been made? Sexism!

Maybe they need to introduce a system whereby your kilt length increases with your age. The auld boy is 73, and his scrotum probably hangs to about his ankles by now, so if he's going commando he has reached the stage where kilts are banned, and tartan trousers are his only legal alternative to prevent becoming a geriatric addition to the register.

4 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

Maybe they need to introduce a system whereby your kilt length increases with your age. The auld boy is 73, and his scrotum probably hangs to about his ankles by now, so if he's going commando he has reached the stage where kilts are banned, and tartan trousers are his only legal alternative to prevent becoming a geriatric addition to the register.

The men’s version of this…

IMG_0628.webp.af1b302ef640378b4b196e48776bcdf8.webp

• 2 weeks later...

Attention seeking dafty on the loose in North Ayrshire (surprisingly) makes national news  

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/10/13/pennywise-the-dancing-clown-stalks-skelmorlie-stephen-king/#comment

Spoiler

‘Pennywise’ clown stalking Scottish village dares police to catch him

Man dressed as character from Stephen King’s horror novel It is seen roaming the streets leaving a trail of red balloons

By Daniel Sanderson, Scottish Correspondent13 October 2023 • 4:09pm

A sinister clown who has been seen roaming the streets of a Scottish village at night has dared police to track him down.

The man, dressed as Pennywise the Dancing Clown from It, the Stephen King horror novel, has been seen stalking Skelmorlie in North Ayrshire and leaving red balloons tied to street furniture.

He has apparently set up a Facebook page under the name Cole Deimos. In Greek mythology, Deimos is a deity who represents the personification of fear.

In a video message, entitled “message to the media”, the clown’s voice is digitally altered as he speaks over a spooky soundtrack.

It opens with the clown sitting on a park bench in the village, while in the final image, he is seen standing next to signs welcoming people to Skelmorlie, which has a population of around 2,000.

“Well, well, well, I’ve made the news again,” the clown says, in response to recent press coverage. “Should I smile for the cameras with my ‘hideous’ grin?”

The clown, who seemingly first appeared in the village in 2021, said: “The police have been informed, do you think that I care? They’d have to catch me first anyway – and yes, that’s a dare.”

Police Scotland are understood to be aware of the videos but have not said whether they are actively seeking to track the clown down.

Pictures and videos of the clown posing around darkened streets have also reportedly been uploaded and then deleted from social media.

The clown pictured stalking the streets of SkelmorlieCredit: Cole Deimos/Facebook

Referring to journalists who have covered the story, who he named, he added: “This clown doesn’t want fame, glory or gold.

“He just wants to play in this so-called sleepy town. So, come and join in and learn to fear the Skelmorlie clown.”

The video has received a largely positive response online from locals, many of whom said they hoped to see the clown in person in the run-up to Hallowe’en.

Tim Curry as Pennywise the Clown in Stephen King’s It Credit: KOBAL COLLECTION

Heather McLaughlin wrote: “Love it! Never stop! We’re at Meigle and have always hoped to see you out. We were out the other night in Skelmorlie hoping to bump into you.”

Andy Buchan wrote: “Out of all the clowns in this village he’s the best.”

Pennywise the Dancing Clown is the main antagonist in It, a 1986 novel which was later made into a two-part mini-series and was made into a Hollywood film in 2017.

Edited by alta-pete

4 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Attention seeking dafty on the loose in North Ayrshire (surprisingly) makes national news  

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/10/13/pennywise-the-dancing-clown-stalks-skelmorlie-stephen-king/#comment

Hide contents

‘Pennywise’ clown stalking Scottish village dares police to catch him

Man dressed as character from Stephen King’s horror novel It is seen roaming the streets leaving a trail of red balloons

By Daniel Sanderson, Scottish Correspondent13 October 2023 • 4:09pm

A sinister clown who has been seen roaming the streets of a Scottish village at night has dared police to track him down.

The man, dressed as Pennywise the Dancing Clown from It, the Stephen King horror novel, has been seen stalking Skelmorlie in North Ayrshire and leaving red balloons tied to street furniture.

He has apparently set up a Facebook page under the name Cole Deimos. In Greek mythology, Deimos is a deity who represents the personification of fear.

In a video message, entitled “message to the media”, the clown’s voice is digitally altered as he speaks over a spooky soundtrack.

It opens with the clown sitting on a park bench in the village, while in the final image, he is seen standing next to signs welcoming people to Skelmorlie, which has a population of around 2,000.

“Well, well, well, I’ve made the news again,” the clown says, in response to recent press coverage. “Should I smile for the cameras with my ‘hideous’ grin?”

The clown, who seemingly first appeared in the village in 2021, said: “The police have been informed, do you think that I care? They’d have to catch me first anyway – and yes, that’s a dare.”

Police Scotland are understood to be aware of the videos but have not said whether they are actively seeking to track the clown down.

Pictures and videos of the clown posing around darkened streets have also reportedly been uploaded and then deleted from social media.

The clown pictured stalking the streets of SkelmorlieCredit: Cole Deimos/Facebook

Referring to journalists who have covered the story, who he named, he added: “This clown doesn’t want fame, glory or gold.

“He just wants to play in this so-called sleepy town. So, come and join in and learn to fear the Skelmorlie clown.”

The video has received a largely positive response online from locals, many of whom said they hoped to see the clown in person in the run-up to Hallowe’en.

Tim Curry as Pennywise the Clown in Stephen King’s It Credit: KOBAL COLLECTION

Heather McLaughlin wrote: “Love it! Never stop! We’re at Meigle and have always hoped to see you out. We were out the other night in Skelmorlie hoping to bump into you.”

Andy Buchan wrote: “Out of all the clowns in this village he’s the best.”

Pennywise the Dancing Clown is the main antagonist in It, a 1986 novel which was later made into a two-part mini-series and was made into a Hollywood film in 2017.

I fear for this murderous clown in Ayrshire 

• 4 weeks later...