Have I got Local News For You

Tryfield

Black Friday 2023: Deals from businesses in Dundee, Perth, Fife and Angus

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/business-environment/business/4818720/black-friday-deals-2023-dundee-perth-angus-fife/ 

DJ Laing Homes

dj-laing-2wseilnqx-940x466.jpg
The Weston at Castle View from Carnoustie developer DJ Laing.

Deal: £10,000 off a Weston four-bed home. £320,000 instead of £330,000.

Terms: Deal ends November 30.

10 grand off a home is a "Black Friday deal" :lol: 

6 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Riot police deployed to Auchinleck last night after houses were "firebombed".

Where are you seeing this? Local info?

I checked BBC and STV and both just said there were large crowds gathered and they attacked the polis when they arrived.

2 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Where are you seeing this? Local info?

I checked BBC and STV and both just said there were large crowds gathered and they attacked the polis when they arrived.

Yeah I live near Auchinleck.

What I've heard is that a house that drugs were being sold out of got set on fire.

Could be a load of shit though.

I'll never know how to embed anything on here.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C0H49TPMsGP/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

People in the comments suggesting it's a house belonging to crack dealer(s) who have moved in from Bradford and after crack usage levels rising in Auchinleck and nearby areas (seen New Cumnock mentioned) they've decided to chase them out of their community. 

Edited by RawB93

21 minutes ago, Dan Steele said:

Top sub-ed work at The Courier. 👏 

Screenshot_20231204-083644.thumb.jpg.0c6235a508c90ad73ffbae0c44c8b325.jpg

Reminds me of the time the Daily Record got away with a 'trouser snake' headline about a man trying to smuggle said reptile past Customs by hiding it in his Y-fronts.

27 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Reminds me of the time the Daily Record got away with a 'trouser snake' headline about a man trying to smuggle said reptile past Customs by hiding it in his Y-fronts.

I get accused of doing that all the time!  

• 2 weeks later...

So much is going well in the capital that Edinburgh City Council can now grapple with other big issues. Like banning 'incredibly polluting'... leaf blowers.

Residents should buy battery blowers or "a good old fashioned rake".

Edinburgh City Council considers ban on 'harmful' leaf blowers - BBC News

Following the motion being passed, the council will now draft a report considering "ending its own use of fossil-fuel powered leaf blowers; ensuring its contractors do not use fossil-fuel powered leaf blowers; and banning or regulating the use of fossil-fuel leaf blowers within the city of Edinburgh". Mr Staniforth said getting rid of the petrol leaf blowers would improve the health of people and the planet.

12 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

So much is going well in the capital that Edinburgh City Council can now grapple with other big issues. Like banning 'incredibly polluting'... leaf blowers.

Residents should buy battery blowers or "a good old fashioned rake".

Edinburgh City Council considers ban on 'harmful' leaf blowers - BBC News

Following the motion being passed, the council will now draft a report considering "ending its own use of fossil-fuel powered leaf blowers; ensuring its contractors do not use fossil-fuel powered leaf blowers; and banning or regulating the use of fossil-fuel leaf blowers within the city of Edinburgh". Mr Staniforth said getting rid of the petrol leaf blowers would improve the health of people and the planet.

I don't think you're taking this issue seriously.  Typical cooncil, stamping all over people's fun.  Nothing quite like watching 2 elderly dudes battling in their gardens blowing leaves backwards and forwards between their two gardens while refusing to bag them up.  It should be in the Commonwealth Games!

(Ok, it's obviously a made up scenario, but such an event would be fun to watch...)