The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

3 hours ago, MSU said:

On a road trip for the next few days and internets availability is sporadic. Plus I'm driving. 

Not in Abu Dhabi obviously, or you'd have no issues doing an internet quiz at the wheel.

11 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Tynieness and Deej are still ruling the roost in the SWL, although there's still a few teams in contention for a play-off, including me. Maybe they'll cancel the Archers and Kincardine will forget to log in and take Friday's quiz. We can but hope. 

7 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I'm mindful that "he who posteth the quiz first shall verily attaineth a shite score" ...

... SEVEN! Happy enough with that. 

I've not listened to The Archers yet.  Went on a mini-crawl of Wycombe's 3 decent pubs and ended up in a place that serves raw meat and a hot brick and expects you to cook for yourself.   I may raise this on PTTGOYN.

8/10 for Friday's quiz, though.

7/10 for Friday, knew 5, so perhaps should have done better. Story of my life, really.

Knew wimple, Pavlov, Orange Revolution, Anthony Burgess and Gary Player. Shrewd guess for Iceland, complete fluke for actress.

7/10 today. Massive improvement on yesterday but not certain it will be enough to rescue me from relegation.

ETA: Knew Wimple, Pavlov, Burgess, Player and Uluwatu Temple(I've been there).

Edited by Ross.

4/10 for Thursday although I've got a good mind to claim 5 following this revelation:

On 27/07/2017 at 08:31, SlipperyP said:

The 3/10 knew 2.
Got the Thai question correct however, you could really have all picked any of the answers and been correct

6/10 for Friday.

Waiting for a few scores in the league... tomorrow lunchtime will be the cut-off... the missing people are Scotfree who is fighting for survival, the Captain / LiviLion and Ross who are near the bottom of the SWL, AFJ who doesn't know how to work a smartphone, and DHD is MIA in the BHL. 

Here's an idea for the final round of the Ride Her Haggard cup. 17 1 on 1 matches - so a maximum of 17 points up for grabs. Best tie in each match gets the point. However, a few of the matches will have 2 Scotland players vs 1 RotW ... this means no-one misses out. I'll even extend the deadline to Wednesday to give MSU a chance to get back from his travels. And what's more, I'll give the RotW home advantage. Can't say fairer than that (if anyone can say fairer than that, let me know in the next couple of hours). 

edit: It won't be multiple choice.... straightforward answer the question.. thought it might take me a while to do all the marking.

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Waiting for a few scores in the league... tomorrow lunchtime will be the cut-off... the missing people are Scotfree who is fighting for survival, the Captain / LiviLion and Ross who are near the bottom of the SWL, AFJ who doesn't know how to work a smartphone, and DHD is MIA in the BHL. 

Here's an idea for the final round of the Ride Her Haggard cup. 17 1 on 1 matches - so a maximum of 17 points up for grabs. Best tie in each match gets the point. However, a few of the matches will have 2 Scotland players vs 1 RotW ... this means no-one misses out. I'll even extend the deadline to Wednesday to give MSU a chance to get back from his travels. And what's more, I'll give the RotW home advantage. Can't say fairer than that (if anyone can say fairer than that, let me know in the next couple of hours). 

edit: It won't be multiple choice.... straightforward answer the question.. thought it might take me a while to do all the marking.

4 hours ago, Ross. said:

7/10 today. Massive improvement on yesterday but not certain it will be enough to rescue me from relegation.

ETA: Knew Wimple, Pavlov, Burgess, Player and Uluwatu Temple(I've been there).

I'd like a bonus point for the angst this has caused.