The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

2/10 for Wed

Good morning from here/ Good evening over there. The unwritten rule when you're the first poster of the next day's, or in my case today's, quiz is to post the link to the actual quiz. http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/mind-games/quiz?quizId=6453&sectionId=1

A probably better than expected 5/10. Only knew Bull watched the first episode and Grand Canyon. Guesses for Colombia, AFL and song.

I've twice posted the link I use, but it automatically takes you to the latest quiz on the website, so is not always the correct one . I also didn't know if today's had already been posted. Everyone knows where the quiz is, links can get in the sea [emoji846]

5 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

To get around the spoiler ban...

ɐqlǝW ʎllǝN

¿pǝɹnʇɔᴉd sᴉ ɹǝƃuᴉs ɐɹǝdo ʎɹnʇuǝɔ ɥʇ6Ɩ ɥɔᴉɥM (ϛƖ

dɯnɾ ƃuo˥

¿ʇuǝʌǝ plǝᴉɟ ɥɔᴉɥʍ uᴉ lɐpǝɯ ɹǝʌlᴉs dᴉɥsuoᴉdɯɐɥɔ plɹoʍ ɐ uoʍ ɹoʇɔoɹԀ ɐɹɐɥS s,uᴉɐʇᴉɹq ʇɐǝɹפ 'ϛƖ0ᄅ uI (ㄣƖ

One Aussie quiz is plenty, thanks.

5.5 for Frankie's impossible quiz which I'm well chuffed with. Actually read an email from the Mexican office explaining they were on holiday due to their first indigenous president and I actually remembered the name thinking it might come in useful. Never thought it would happen so soon, nor that anything I learned at work would ever come in useful. So nice. 

Anyway, back to business. Here's the league table for Tuesday

No change in the top 2 of the Premiership, although there are three teams in the relegation that have yet to breach double figures... questions must surely be asked of the manager?

Position Team Trophy Cabinet Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Total
1 Scotfree   9 8       17
2 Tynieness 1x© 1x② 1xBZ 9 8       17
3 Audaces Fortuna Juvat 2x② 7 9       16
4 Frankie S 1x© 4x② 8 8       16
5 Deej 1x© 4x② 1xBZ 8 7       15
6 WILLIEA 2x© 7 8       15
7 WhiteRoseKillie 11x© 3x② 5 9       14
8 Cowden0 1xBZ 7 6       13
9 Arabdownunder 3x© 1x② 6 6       12
10 The_Kincardine   6 6       12
11 Alang1993 7x© 3x② 1xBZ 6 6       12
12 Eednud 4x② 2xBZ 5 7       12
13 Livi Lion   5 5       10
14 pleslie99 1xBZ 7 2       9
15 Eckthearab 6x② 1xBZ 3 6       9
16 Blackislekillie 3xBZ 2 6       8

In the seaside league, Jagfox and BigBo10 are in pole position + pole position + 1 (that made more sense in my head than typed out) ... 3 teams in 3rd place can't even be separated on goal difference, although I appear to be in 3rd place at the moment because reasons. 

Position Team Trophy Cabinet Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Total
1 Jagfox99 2xBZ 7 6       13
2 BigBo10   8 4       12
3 Cardinal Richelieu 1xBZ 6 5       11
4 Welshbairn   6 5       11
5 Jacksgranda   5 6       11
6 Swarley   7 3       10
7 gkneil   7 3       10
8 Supermik   5 4       9
9 Bully Wee Villa 1x© 4 5       9
10 Leeds Saint 1x© 2x② 3 6       9
11 Die Hard Doonhamer   6 2       8
12 Ross.   5 3       8
13 Dee_62   4 4       8
14 Dee Man   3 5       8
15 Gman_1985   5 2       7
16 Peasy23   4 3       7
17 SlipperyP   4 3       7

And finally, now to try Wednesday's.... seven, including a rare correct population guess and a couple more lucky digs. The honeymoon period is finished at work so I should hopefully get paid for doing the table in good time tomorrow (if I'm not asked to do other stuff). 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

Nice work Kincardine! My only slightly-too-late suggestion would have been to delve back some pages to see a typical page where the vitriolic dismissal of Aussie politics, culture and sport questions was at its most humorous, but then again, that page you posted pretty much summed it up.

Not sure how it would work if they (or anyone else) fronted up with a prize (I think my score might improve) but nice idea :)

Did think of emailing a while back and ask them shoe-horn a "totally obvious to P+Bers but not to anyone else" type question, but I couldn't think of one so abandoned the idea.

Still, kudos. Even a reply or a menshie would be a victory!