The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

10 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

BTW calling it the RIDE HER CUP! is juvenile in the extreme, not to say misogynistic.  In the interests of good taste, acknowledging that a few of us are bookworms and recognising that an element of PC is not a bad thing I suggest a change from that tawdry title to "The Rider Haggard Cup".

I'll leave it up to the great and good. In the meantime...

Scotland: Die Hard Doonhamer (3) and irvine_buddie (5) vs RoW: Cowden0 (9) and Welshbairn (5)

This isn't pretty. 3-0 RoW !!

Within the cordon sanitaire of the quiz thread, and in golfing parlance, the pairing of one who tends to hook and another with a hefty slice is an ideal pairing.  Plus, as a lazy b*****d, I ken my partner will carry me through! Anyway, I've PM'd you my score, not that it matters!.

BTW calling it the RIDE HER CUP! is juvenile in the extreme, not to say misogynistic.  In the interests of good taste, acknowledging that a few of us are bookworms and recognising that an element of PC is not a bad thing I suggest a change from that tawdry title to "The Rider Haggard Cup".

I know it's the DMZ here for me and thee, but I have to say that's the first time I've seen a The Rangers fan DROP an "h" from someone's name!

7 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

The granny is off. 

Scotland: Blackislekillie (4) and pleslie99 (8) vs RoW: WhiteRoseKillie (8) and The_Kincardine (6)

Scotland ½ - 3½ Rest of the World 

I may be missing somethin here. Is there a handicap in place, Scotland 12 RoW 14 in that tie has been halved?....

ETA, having read it I realize only the highest score is considered. Please ignore my 6am(5am Scotland time) ramblings.

Edited by Ross.

Christ, this drip-feed approach to Ride Her Haggard cup updates is causing me serious sleep deprivation. Anyway, received Madwullie's result via text, where he charmingly said "And I only knew the one about the elderly authoress because you want to shag her". Truly playing the man, not the ball there. 

Scotland: madwullie (3) and Jagfox99 (9) vs RoW: Wilkinson1998 (5) and Jacksgranda (3)

Scotland  - 3½ Rest of the World 

Oh, and that's the league play-off done too. Nice early work boys. There are 74 letters in the Cambodian alphabet, although some are no longer used and as ever there is a bit of debate. Still, don't think it will make a difference on the outcome...

• Peasy23 went for 71 and The_Kincardine went for 40... so Peasy23 goes up and Kincardine comes down
  • Pleslie went for a lot, but then he narrowed down his answer to 50 ... Ross went 41... so Pleslie keeps his SWL status. 

Well done everyone. Especially me. 

This was my favourite question in The Ride Her Quiz:

Which item did not Paddington Bear not have until the stories were animated for television?

Does the double negative mean which item did he have before it was animated?

2 hours ago, Dee Man said:

This was my favourite question in The Ride Her Quiz:

Which item did not Paddington Bear not have until the stories were animated for television?

Does the double negative mean which item did he have before it was animated?

f**k. Only just realised. It's not a trick question! I just put the not in twice by accident and forgot to capitalise it!

Edit: Now fixed. So you can all shut your stupid mouths. 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

4 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Christ, this drip-feed approach to Ride Her Haggard cup updates is causing me serious sleep deprivation. Anyway, received Madwullie's result via text, where he charmingly said "And I only knew the one about the elderly authoress because you want to shag her". Truly playing the man, not the ball there. 

Scotland: madwullie (3) and Jagfox99 (9) vs RoW: Wilkinson1998 (5) and Jacksgranda (3)

Scotland  - 3½ Rest of the World 

tumblr_njivqjIxio1t55xupo1_500.gif