Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

Open All Hours sequel with an elderly David Jason and a bunch of has-been actors and comedians. Bloody hell it's incredibly bad. Pater Army was a big fan of the original and I've always had a big soft spot for it (and the Two Ronnie's particularly). I don't know how this stuff gets made. Jason is sleepwalking his way through it and it has no energy. The jokes are fucking terrible too. There's a laughter track too which I hope is just canned. The idea of an audience laughing at this is just depressing.

Just caught up on the Race Across The World finale.

Spoiler

Would rather that Harry and Emma won but fair play to Alex and his dad. Gutted that Billy and his sister had to leave the race under those circumstances - they’d have been in with a great chance of winning.

I've previously watched "The Dawn Wall" and spent the whole time jaw to the floor in disbelief but I've just finished watching "Free Solo" and my gahd that's the most nervous I've ever been watching something it's like the other one x100. Absolute insanity, fair play and that, very impressive and they're better humans than me but still a little bit weird tbqhwy. 

I mean I can understand that they want to do something others haven't but at the same time they could choose to do something more competitive and recognised like you have people that speed run spyro and take pride in that as if they aren't the only loser trying it. 

I used to know a guy who boasted he could tank a rolly in one go who literally used to be able to gather saliva on the end of his tounge and then form a bubble and push it out to float away like a normal bubble. He may be the top guy in that field but I've never met anyone else that's wanted to be anywhere near that weird ass field. 

Edited by RuMoore

20 hours ago, DrewDon said:

I didn't mind the Boiling Point series, but I oddly think I might actually have enjoyed it more if I hadn't already seen the excellent film. 

I enjoyed both.

Just watch Time. Thought it was excellent.

As much as I enjoyed the original Frasier, I'm struggling to get into the new series as the Freddy scenes without Frasier just remind me of a poor man's Big Bang Theory, which I've never liked.  David just seems closer to a Sheldon than a Niles.