Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

• 2 weeks later...

"Congratulations on outliving your great, great grandmother when life expectancy and health technology, particularly to those who can afford to pay for it, has never been more advanced or accessible!"

Why is it being hailed as some kind of achievement? If she can double the length of her current reign, I might be impressed.

The advert (can't recall what it is) with the BBC Grandstand music absolutely delights me every time it's on. One of the most nostalgic pieces of music of my childhood and probably the best opening theme to a sports programme ever.

Brilliant piece of music.

James Dean Bradfield played it live at an event before the 3rd Lions Test in Australia - I was a bit embarrassed at how excited I was until I looked around and saw everyone else was the same!

I wish the BBC would use it again - any sport shown on a Saturday afternoon on BBC should be introduced with the Grandstand theme.

One of Derek Jacobi's ancestors crossed The Boyne with King William! Who Do You Think You Are:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0684z6q/who-do-you-think-you-are-series-12-3-derek-jacobi

One of David Tennants was an Orangeman from Londonderry, he nearly choked when a relative handed him his collarette. Edited by mjw

Wrong one Dave!

Grado even puts his name on his vest to help numptys like you out!

Oh, I see. Didn't click on the thumbnail, so it looked like her head was part of the mural :lol:

Also, I've no idea what a 'Grado' is, so I assumed his shirt just said 'RAD'. He looks like the kind of assbasket who'd wear a shirt with 'RAD' written on.

Is he wearing a nappy? :huh:

Flicking through the channels at the weekend and put on 8 out of 10 Cats does Countdown just as Lee Mack managed to get a 9 letter word.

The look of shock and amazement on everybodies face in the studio was priceless. Suzie Dent nearly fell out of her chair :lol:

Forgot how funny it can be.

What's on? Worth a watch then?

First one is a sitcom based on Danny Baker's childhood. Don't let that put you off, it's good.

Second one is set in Newcastle and is about a guy who goes out with a transgender woman. Their families are the where the real comedy is.

Flicking through the channels at the weekend and put on 8 out of 10 Cats does Countdown just as Lee Mack managed to get a 9 letter word.

The look of shock and amazement on everybodies face in the studio was priceless. Suzie Dent nearly fell out of her chair :lol:

Forgot how funny it can be.

Plus, Rachel Riley