Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

Hobo with a Shotgun on Film 4, on now and repeated at 1155 on +1. Can't figure out if it's arthouse, 'sploitation/ironic or just shite. Probably the latter but quite enjoying it half cut. (me, that is)

P.S. By the way NSFW would be an understatement. Very nasty.

Was it trying to be retro like an '80s video nasty? I couldn't figure it out, but the person who thought it up has problems.

Tme travel films where the characters are confused by things not working the same in the past.

Example 1 - Star Trek: The Journey Home. Bones is aghast when he sees a woman getting dialysis, despite knowing that the machine he uses to cure her almost instantly doesn't exist at that time and the doctors are doing the best they can. He knows they are going back in time and he knows the (lack of) technology they have.

Example 2 - Hot Tub Time Machine. Jacob, the chubby wee nerd, talks to a lassie who likes him. He offers to text or email her, despite knowing they are back in the 1980s and such technology doesn't exist.

Marty McFly and Doc Brown have no such issues. They understand the limitations of the times they find themselves in, even using the technology of the time to improvise (see the time travelling train).

Marty McFly and Doc Brown have no such issues. They understand the limitations of the times they find themselves in, even using the technology of the time to improvise (see the time travelling train).

Well except that the Doc could conjure up a machine to make ice yet could not create something to extract gasoline from the available kerosene. There were 2 Deloreans in 1885 anyway. The one that the doc left in the cave had and the one that McFly came back in. The Doc's one had fuel.

In 1955 there are 4 Delorians so the original lightening strike wasn't needed. McFly has one from the 1st movie, Doc and McFly had one from the 2nd movie, Old Biff had one, and then there's the above one that's in the cave hidden by the Doc in the 3rd movie.

Good movie though.

Women's sports getting media coverage that far outweighs the actual interest in it.

This, BBC Scotland are especially horrific when it comes to Scottish Women's football, I've seen some of the highlights. barely 1 man and his dog is in attendance, the football itself is horrific, you regularly see league games where Glasgow City are winning 8/9/10 - 0

This, BBC Scotland are especially horrific when it comes to Scottish Women's football, I've seen some of the highlights. barely 1 man and his dog is in attendance, the football itself is horrific, you regularly see league games where Glasgow City are winning 8/9/10 - 0

The English women's rugby team won team of the year at spoty. :lol:

Think I may have been watching the worst film ever made, Dear John, on Film4. It's probably finished now as I've paused it a few times, but for some masochistic reason had to keep coming back. Worthy of C5 in the afternoon.

Recorded the 50 funniest Moments in 2014 from Channel 4 from earlier and catching up on it now. It's so-so, not great.

But, some of the talking heads are veering dangerously into Philomena Cunk / Barry Shitpeas territory which is a delight.

I'm not 100% sure if it's intended or not, either way it's quite funny.