Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

the direct line advert annoys me. no way in hell would the wife on it be happy her hubby smashed the tv.

Thaaaaaaaaaank you!!! I can't tell you the seethe that emerges from my vicinity when this advert is on. Your point is one I agree with, but on top of that if I was the guy I wouldn't be standing watching the tv fall. There is plenty of time for him to attempt to catch it. I wouldn't be standing speechless either, I'd be on the floor crying mu eyes out trying to fit the smashed pieces together! If my wife walked in she wouldn't give an "oh well" smile, she'd go absolutely apeshit. Not so much that the tv is broken (she'd probably quite like that as she'd receive another 95% of my attention) but more to do with the mess! But no one's first thought in situations like that are "ach well, it doesn't matter, we have insurance."

I know it's an advert for insurance, but make it realistic ffs! Have a wain kicking an actual ball around the livingroom when no one is around or something. Then have the dad come in greetin' his eyes out, sending the boy to bed and have an arguement with the wife about how it'll take months for the insurance to pay out!"

The Nescafé Azera advert when the guy pretends to go and get his lazy girlfriend a cup of coffee from the coffee shop.

It's not so much this but the whispery VoiceOver by some other bint. It reminds me of the Secret Escapes advert.

For a while I thought the secret escapes thing was some kind of cheating hotel and that's why you weren't to tell the other half!

My annoyance is happy Gilmore which was on the other night, how the f**k did he win the tour championship, he took 5 hacks in the boondai then topped into the water!

• 1 month later...

The new Better Bathrooms advert. Some girl trick or treating at what appears to be lunchtime (nothing to do with bathrooms). Ends with a man preparing for a shower and the girls voice can be heard saying trick or treat. He turns, winks, and enters the shower. Beyond creepy.

Better Bathrooms? They should work on making better adverts. Shit c***s.

The Ford advert where apparently the "hilarity" of your car reading a text is enough to gain forgiveness for mocking your father-in-law's mental state.

I've got a new ford and the forums are full of people trying to get the the shit bluetooth/usb system to work across the whole car range. I've just given up bothering about it.

One of the best Dad's Army episodes is on tonight on BBC2 at 9.30. If you've watched the series before and thought it was shite, I'd probably agree with you, most of the episodes are. This one's a classic though.