Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

On 04/08/2023 at 19:15, jimmy boo said:

and they are talking about revealing folk on the strictly dancing pish

It's all the BBC has these days. It'll be fuckin everywhere soon enough. The drones lap it up. 

"I, Claudius" is back on the iPlayer. Well, the first three episodes, at least. They seem to be adding them in threes. If you haven't seen it before, get it watched. It's one of the greatest programmes ever made.

Will also help P&B Quiz League members memorise the order of the Emperors (well, the first five, anyway).

Edit: it's actually the first four episodes on there, they seem to have merged episodes one and two into an extra-long opener.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

You know what annoys me? Reports on BBC news where the voiceover - being delivered in the past tense because it's reporting on events which have happened - is done as an event is happening. It happens with sport, it happens with politicians giving speeches, it looks like an editorial decision to make the events feel as if they're being reported on as soon as they happen and it looks so utterly contrived it drives me nuts.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/09/2023 at 18:31, The Naitch said:

Outstanding episode of Only Murders In The Building this week.

Reveal hidden contents

Excellent cameos from Matthew Broderick and Mel Brooks as well.

I've binged S1, just starting S2.

Every time there's a lift scene, I expect this...

PEOPLE HUV TAE KNOW | Still Game Meme on SIZZLE

On 18/08/2023 at 23:00, Bully Wee Villa said:

"I, Claudius" is back on the iPlayer. Well, the first three episodes, at least. They seem to be adding them in threes. If you haven't seen it before, get it watched. It's one of the greatest programmes ever made.

Will also help P&B Quiz League members memorise the order of the Emperors (well, the first five, anyway).

Edit: it's actually the first four episodes on there, they seem to have merged episodes one and two into an extra-long opener.

They might be showing the American TV version, which I remember having slight differences to the one shown here.

If Christopher Biggins didn't get winched by his maw towards the end, that's probably what it is.

(apologies if that put anyone off watching; it's really good)

Hide contents

Excellent. We haven't watched it yet, so will tonight.

On 18/08/2023 at 23:00, Bully Wee Villa said:

Just watched the first episode (actually the first two, as you pointed out). Excellent stuff so I'll be binging on the rest. Thanks for the heads-up.

Took me a moment to realise that was Brian Blessed, minus his trademark beard like a sixties fanny. But his eyes and particularly the voice were unmistakable. 

Finished watching I Claudius and really enjoyed it. Strange to see Patrick Stewart not only with hair but playing a complete b*****d.

Reminded me of the original Roots series which had Ralph Waite, aka Daddy Walton, as the sadistic First Mate on the slave ship that took Kunta Kinte to America.

On 16/09/2023 at 17:41, GordonD said:

Finished watching I Claudius and really enjoyed it. Strange to see Patrick Stewart not only with hair but playing a complete b*****d.

Reminded me of the original Roots series which had Ralph Waite, aka Daddy Walton, as the sadistic First Mate on the slave ship that took Kunta Kinte to America.

I watched Reign of Terror last night. 

brilliant TV

Reveal hidden contents

This week threw a few curveballs

Spoiler

I was convinced Loretta was Ben's biological mother, but when you look at all the clues over that last couple of episodes, of course she is Dickie's mum

8 hours ago, The Naitch said:

Anyone catch the first episode of Celebrity Race Across The World tonight?

Thought it was really good, that’s some trek they’ve got ahead of them.

I tend to avoid any programme whose name starts with 'Celebrity'.

On 20/09/2023 at 22:38, The Naitch said:

Anyone catch the first episode of Celebrity Race Across The World tonight?

Thought it was really good, that’s some trek they’ve got ahead of them.

brother and sister aside i thought the celebs were a vile bunch,felt a bit sorry for the parents