Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

On 07/01/2024 at 19:48, scottsdad said:

Bringing back Deal or no Deal was bad enough, but sticking it on primetime with Stephen F. Mulhern as host is horrendous.

Hide contents

The F stands for Fucking

Great show. You're just watching it wrong. The trick is to watch it wanting them to lose. If you do that it makes the "I have a feeling there's a red in this box"/"just be positive and you've got this" et al bullshit all the more tolerable when they make complete arses of themselves. It's incredible the number of folk who think it's anything other than a game of chance. Fantastic viewing when folk go home with peanuts. 

The Stephen Fry-era QI repeats on Dave. I enjoy the programme (unless Sarah Millican is on) but the way Fry makes a mega-production out of saying "Good evening" really pisses me off.

20 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Great show. You're just watching it wrong. The trick is to watch it wanting them to lose. If you do that it makes the "I have a feeling there's a red in this box"/"just be positive and you've got this" et al bullshit all the more tolerable when they make complete arses of themselves. It's incredible the number of folk who think it's anything other than a game of chance. Fantastic viewing when folk go home with peanuts. 

This so much

Absolutely no tricks, no tactics, f**k all, just pure luck 

Loved it when the contestants had a good first couple rounds, knock off a lot more blues and reds, knock back the offer then lady luck boots them in the baws or the pie and gives them 3 big reds in a row 🤣

12 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkant said:

Deal or No deal is worse than Tipping Point. And that’s saying something.

I like Tipping Point. Sometimes I like to go down the arcade and shout trivia questions at folk playing the 2p machine 

On 12/01/2024 at 09:56, GordonD said:

The Stephen Fry-era QI repeats on Dave. I enjoy the programme (unless Sarah Millican is on) but the way Fry makes a mega-production out of saying "Good evening" really pisses me off.

Yeah it was much better when he did it, Davies has got far too comfortable now, and acts all smug and aloof, Fry made him look a complete moron, like the court jester.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Enjoying the revamped Gladiators and Wheel of Fortune of a Saturday night. Walsh squared on BBC1 and Norton on ITV is a bit weird though 

15 hours ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Enjoying the revamped Gladiators and Wheel of Fortune of a Saturday night. Walsh squared on BBC1 and Norton on ITV is a bit weird though 

Was it just me or were the gladiators a bit less, i dunno, good i guess lol

That gauntlet, i mind the old shows where hardly anyone got by the first or the 2nd, last night, especially the female gladiators were just being battered out the way

Same for that event where they had to press the button in the middle 

Gladiators was really good but Clattenburg is a massive downgrade on Anderson as the referee. Contestant ready? Etc sounds so much better in a Scottish accent. 

A couple of the guys were trying to get some Wolf like heat.

Nothing will ever compare to Jet either. 

I agree that the gladiators weren’t as good but you’d imagine they’ll get better the more they do it. 

“Clats” shouting “en garde” before the duels at the start made me unnecessarily angry. p***k.

My favourite bit is when they show shots of the crowd, and they all have ridic catch phrase t-shirts and signs like the spoof programme in Extras. Total nostalgia cringe fest, but enjoying it all the same.

2 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

“Clats” shouting “en garde” before the duels at the start made me unnecessarily angry. p***k.

Tbf, John Anderson used to say that as well. 

(Unless it was the way he was saying it that annoyed you. I haven't watched the new one). 

3 hours ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Big Boys series 2 channel 4. Bloody brilliant 

I’ve just finished episode 2 and it’s just as good as the first series. Can’t wait to get through the rest of the episodes.

5 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

I’ve just finished episode 2 and it’s just as good as the first series. Can’t wait to get through the rest of the episodes.

Either two a night every Sunday or all on 4od if you can't wait