Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

20 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Danny Dyer on Who Do You Think You Are? Delight. Probably my favourite ever episode, to be honest. He found out he was a direct descendant of Thomas Cromwell and King Edward III. It was a quite incredible hour of TV, all told.

He and his wife are well matched, I thought.

The Black and British season on the BBC has caught my eye. I am two episodes through David Olusoga's A Forgotten History mini-series (available instalments here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/b082x0h6?suggid=b082x0h6). I will make time to watch Whites vs Blacks: How Football Changed a Nation, which might be of interest to some on here, but I haven't got round to it quite yet.

There's a Channel 4 advert just now for some kids Christmas cartoon film called 'We're Going On A Bear Hunt'.  There's a bit where some kids start signing in a very twee middle class English accent 'We're going on a bear hunt, what a beautiful day!' and it makes me want to die!

Edited by Highland Capital

"First dates" - I find it really entertaining.  You never quite know how much of a knob / twat some of them are going to be.  This week, almost in the first sentence, one guys tells his date (a female) that he'd go down on David Beckham and would, indeed, turn gay for him.  Don't think they (or the guy and Beckham) hitched up.

I will make time to watch Whites vs Blacks: How Football Changed a Nation, which might be of interest to some on here, but I haven't got round to it quite yet.

Watched this a few nights ago.

Worried a little when heard Adrian Chiles presenting and the first 5 minutes weren't overly promising but enjoyed it by the end.

Interviews were the highlight of the program seeing the various reactions of the players from those who seemed to shrug it off to those to whom it's clearly something that still hurts to this day. The notion of the White vs Blacks game that was the background to the program seems incredible now

I am also partial to First Dates. I like the variety of people on the show; participants from all different backgrounds and with a range of personalities (insufferable to very insufferable, mainly). David Miliband does a stellar job as the barman, too.

The "visual glazing enhancer" on tonight's episode, the bloke who wouldn't stop talking about his Thai girlfriend who had four toes, was one weird p***k.

I am also partial to First Dates. I like the variety of people on the show; participants from all different backgrounds and with a range of personalities (insufferable to very insufferable, mainly). David Miliband does a stellar job as the barman, too.

The "visual glazing enhancer" on tonight's episode, the bloke who wouldn't stop talking about his Thai girlfriend who had four toes, was one weird p***k.

Why talk about a four toed ladyboy when theres a Margot Robbie lookalike with spectacular chebs is in front of you. Madness. Just to get within touching distance of that cleavage......phew.......hose me down.

3 hours ago, ecto said:

Watched the programme last night about the break up of UB40, not a fan of theirs at all but, talk about a brutal split, great viewing

Didn't Ali Campbell's brother end up being lead singer after Ali left? Christmases must've been a great laugh at Maw Campbell's house after that.