Show us your pussy..!

Romeo

Right, breeks to one side for a moment, anybody have pet insurance for their pussy?  Does it need insured, really?  

We do. Never used it, though, so probably a bit of a waste of money unless you're one of the very rare people to end up with a kitten that requires expensive medication from an early age.

Cat's Protection insisted we take it out from Pet Plan at £2.72 a week. The only bit of good news is that it apparently stays at that price for the lifetime of the cat; most insurers seem happy to take your money until the cat's seven years old (ie, when it starts becoming likely it'll need the vet), at which point you're on your own. There's usually a list of excluded treatments too; I don't think they'll pay for the cat's shots, for example.

I'd just take the money and stick it in a savings account. Cats live on average for about 15 years, so that's more than two grand. You'll never run through all of that during its lifetime, so you'll have a lump sum waiting for a party once the thing finally dies   :thumsup2

Haven't seen Steve for four days now. His record is 6.

I fully expect someone to post his picture up here as "their cat"

Once every few months, my old cat Bob (RIP) used to f**k off for days on end also. He'd wander back in the house with not a care in the world, and sleep on the couch for about a week. He was never hungry when he came back, so I assume he was parked on someone else couch and eating their food.

Right pussy experts, the cat (Mischief) has settled down and is a right wee sook and is undoubtedly getting cabin fever so the cat flap will be fitted later.  Whats the deal with letting the wee fucker out?  Just chuck it out and hope it comes back?  I assume when its out it will go for a shite etc so I can get rid of the litter?

Butter on the paws.

I'd just fit the flap and let it experiment for itself. Make sure it's microchipped in case it ends up falling asleep in a moving van. Also, be prepared to find other cats from the neighbourhood strutting about your gaff like they own the place.

I'd keep the litter tray too, just in case. I've known folk who had outdoor cats that would insist on making deposits in the house. Getting rid of the tray made no difference   :shutup

Edit: anyone else found P&B repeating text in their posts lately?   :huh:

Edited by BigFatTabbyDave

Right pussy experts, the cat (Mischief) has settled down and is a right wee sook and is undoubtedly getting cabin fever so the cat flap will be fitted later. Whats the deal with letting the wee fucker out? Just chuck it out and hope it comes back? I assume when its out it will go for a shite etc so I can get rid of the litter?

If you're getting a cat flap get the cat chipped and get a flap that only opens when it recognises the cat's microchip.

Edited to remove my virtually word for word copy of BFTD's post.

Edited by Dee Man

If you're getting a cat flap get the cat chipped and get a flap that only opens when it recognises the cat's microchip.

Edited to remove my virtually word for word copy of BFTD's post.

Watch the hilarity unfold as Mischief falls asleep on the doorstep and Mozza's house fills up with stray cats.

When we let ours out for the first time we put a pile of cat litter in a flower bed and plonked her on it so she recognised the smell. We kept the tray in the house for the first few days but she never used it again after her first shite outside.

Once every few months, my old cat Bob (RIP) used to f**k off for days on end also. He'd wander back in the house with not a care in the world, and sleep on the couch for about a week. He was never hungry when he came back, so I assume he was parked on someone else couch and eating their food.

we have one like that, she must be getting fed elsewhere or gets herself shut in somewhere

Opened back door earlier, was pissing down, cat took one look and fucked off back to its bed.

The late lamented dreaded deadly squeaky beast used to demand to go out, take a look at the pissing rain, hiss at it, and then f**k off back to bed. My sister reckoned she was a wee ned of a cat and she was swearing in cat language (she was a rescue cat from Penicuik so entirely possible)

• 1 month later...